Deputy Theatre Manager | Theatres | Band 8a | Southend | Full Time, No Nights.
Are you looking for a step up in your career or maybe just a change? If so, a fantastic opportunity has arisen at Spire Wellesley for a Deputy Theatre Manager, to join our experienced and dynamic team. Working with a wide variety of specialisms you will be able to develop your clinical skills in a modern and supportive environment. We offer full support, development and training for the right person who is driven, focused and a team player.
The Wellesley has 3 Theatres (2 laminar flow) and an endoscopy unit, a 33 bedded Surgical Ward covering a wide variety of specialties including Orthopaedics, Bariatrics, General Surgery, Vascular, Plastics, Gynae, Ophthalmology, Spinal, Urology and ENT. We have had a recent Theatre refurbishment to further upgrade our theatre environment and bringing cutting edge technology to our hospital.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide exemplary planned care for patients requiring perioperative intervention.
- Lead the team and promote best evidence-based practice in the development of knowledge, ideas, and work practice to improve quality and maintain our high standards of theatre practice.
- Ensure that Clinical Governance and Risk management are embedded within daily practice.
- Deputise for the Theatre Manager and co-ordinate the theatre department as required.
- Have excellent organisational and management skills with the ability to flexibly respond to the needs of the department and the hospital.
Who we're looking for:
- Be NMC or HCPC registered - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Deputy Theatre Manager and able to demonstrate experience in leadership and Management.
- SFA, ALS & Leadership & Management qualification. Microsoft and Excel experience. Mentorship experience.
- Governance – Root cause analysis audits
- Strong communication skills
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Carly Dack on 07850725333 or email [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people. Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications