Headquartered in the city of York, we are a growing biotechnology company developing an exciting market for the supply of custom synthetic biology products. We have state-of-the art high-throughput robotics to enable rapid identification, development, and characterisation of synthetic biological products.
We are recruiting for a Development scientist to lead the development, synthesis, and purification of oligonucleotides molecules.
Required Duties and Responsibilities:
* Carry out practical Laboratory work (as required) developing and delivering on client project molecules
* Operate and maintain oligonucleotide synthesis platforms, HPLCs and other scientific equipment.
* Method/process development for improved oligonucleotide synthesis and purification processes.
* Design and perform automated high throughput solid-phase synthesis, purification, and analysis of novel oligonucleotides with chemical modifications.
* Design and perform various bioconjugation strategies and techniques to prepare novel oligonucleotide conjugates.
* Author standard operating procedures and maintain well documented electronic/laboratory notebooks.
* Support both the production and R&D team with oligonucleotide synthesis requirements
* Offering practical and scientific support for developing original solutions to problems, improving existing methodologies/protocols, and conducting troubleshooting
* Plan project workloads, Timescale and develop team delivery across the technical function.
Required Skills and Expertise:
* A PhD in nucleic acid chemistry or organic chemistry and at least two years’ experience in the relevant subject area. Candidates without a PhD with strong experience in industry will also be considered.
* A strong record of oligonucleotide synthesis, purification, and analysis of oligonucleotides
* Expertise in nucleoside chemistry and chemical modifications of oligonucleotides.
* Proven ability to conduct self-directed research, troubleshooting and work effectively in a dynamic environment with a diverse team.
* Effective communication skills and the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels of the business (both written and verbal).
* Adept IT skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office e.g. Excel
* Clear, consistent and methodical recording of information for laboratory purposes
* Must possess a personal drive to seek out industry best practice and create efficiencies at every opportunity
If you believe you hold the relevant background experience and looking for a new role as Development Scientist within successful and growing business then this is the role for you.
About us: Templarfox is a privately owned recruitment business leading in executive search, management selection, Salary benchmarking and Business development services. The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK and on this occasion TemplarFox Consultancy is acting as an employment agency