Knowing that you’re making a difference to people’s lives is rewarding in itself. But our many roles offer much more than that. As well as helping you grow and develop your talent, we want you to feel proud of where you work and what you do.
Priory is the leading provider of behavioural care in the UK.
We organise ourselves into four divisions – healthcare, education and children’s services, adult care and older people’s care – which together support the needs of more than 30,000 people every year.
Our purpose is to make a real and lasting difference for everyone we support.
Priory is dedicated to helping people to improve their health and wellbeing. We understand that in order for people to achieve high quality clinical and educational outcomes they need individually tailored programmes, suiting their specific needs.
The Priory Group has established an unrivalled reputation for delivering a real and lasting difference for its service users.
Priory Hospital Bristol offers calming and recovery focused inpatient treatment for up to 85 service users as well as day care and outpatient services. Personalised treatment programmes are delivered by our multidisciplinary team, specialising in the management and treatment of acute and complex mental health problems.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an individual seeking to work in an exceptional Hospital supporting a wide of psychiatric disorders including Eating Disorders, Complex Care, Acute Mental Health and Addictions.
We are looking for an experienced manager who holds an NVQ Level 5 in Management or equivalent qualification, as well as boasting at least two years managerial experience within a Healthcare setting. This role will allow you to play a central part in the development of the UK’s leading independent provider of mental health services.
What we want from you:
• NMC (Nursing & Midwifery Council registered)
• Ability to harness the commitment and potential of others
• Excellent organisational capability
• A hands on manager, motivated with a strong “can do” attitude
• Forward thinking and able to challenge the status quo
• A role model & mentor to other staff - providing advice and support to promote good practice
What you’ll do:
Reporting to the Hospital Director, you will oversee the day-to-day running of the Hospital to ensure the highest standards of clinical care.
We expect you to forge positive working relationships and influence all members of the Hospital MDT, as well as maximising the potential of the Ward Managers within your team.
A true champion of continuous improvement whilst ensuring adherence & compliance with statutory regulations and current legislation, meeting quality standards and delivering against key performance indicators.
Successful candidates will be motivated to work in a service that offers involvement and empowerment for service users, contributing to the development and enhancement of nursing services at site. You will lead, enhance and deliver our exceptional standards of performance that have become synonymous with Priory Bristol.
What we’d like to offer you:
• Many benefits in line with the NHS
• Working with a dedicated multidisciplinary team
• Free on-site parking
• Enhanced maternity pay
• Flexible benefits including reduced rates and access to new schemes including gym membership, IT technology (laptops / tablets / smartphones) and private healthcare
• Access to development opportunities including:
• Sponsorship of professional qualifications through our Individual Professional Development (IPD) panel
• Leadership & management development
• Long service award
• Flexibility with the introduction of our new e-rostering system which will allow you to book additional shifts through an online portal in the future
• Enhanced support with Return to Practice
• Subsidised meals
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• Birthday Holiday - Your Birthday as an extra days annual leave
• Refer a friend to nursing bonus
• Enhancements for nights, weekends and bank holidays
• Mentoring and involvement in HCA / Support worker development
• Sign on bonus
o £1,000 on joining & £1,000 on completion of probation
o £1,000 on completion of Year 1, Year 2 and Year 3 employment
• Relocation support (including payment for accommodation or moving costs), paid as a lump sum
o Moving less than 100 miles up to £2,000
o If more than 100 miles up to £4,000
o To be repaid if individual does not complete probation & leaves
• Or Payment into the pension scheme
• Or CPD top up
• Or Donation to a charity of your choice
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.