Disability Assessor Nurse for Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
Nurses (RGN, RMN, RNLD)
Experience Required: at least 2 years post-registration experience as a nurse
Location: Islington (Currently working entirely from own home until at least early 2021)
Salary: £41k + benefits + OTE (once centres re-open)
Hours of work - Mon-Fri - 9am-5pm
On behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP), Stonebranch Healthcare is looking to recruit Nurses for Disability Assessor Nurse role.
PLEASE NOTE: DISABILITY ASSESSOR NURSE ROLE IS CURRENTLY DONE REMOTELY, ENTIRELY FROM OWN HOME. WORK LAPTOPS PROVIDED TO ACCESS RELEVANT SYSTEMS.
The Role of Disability Assessor Nurse (face-to-face aspects suspended until at least early 2021):
• Conducting face-to-face interviews with PIP (Personal Independence Payment) claimants and detailing their health conditions via a proforma, which is then dispatched for review and decision as to eligibility
• Disability Assessor Nurse paperwork is similar to that used throughout the NHS and would be familiar to anyone with either in-hospital or community experience.
• This role is to conduct impartial, holistic medical assessments only and does not require you to make any decisions on claim outcomes.
• Full training is supplied remotely through an initial tailored 20 week, fully paid course, with additional ongoing on-the-job support
* This can take place either in a dedicated assessment centre or an individual's home (up to 25% of total caseload)
Benefits available to the disability assessor nurse:
• 25 days paid holiday with option to buy and sell up to 10 days
• 10 days of emergency leave a year (for school closures etc)
• On Target Earnings (OTE) up to £51,840 once assessment centres re-open
• Performance related pay rise of £1,000 per year for the first 2 years.
• Health Insurance, Life insurance, Travel Insurance
• Social work place and working hours
• Pension scheme, matching up to 10% of your contributions
• Reimbursement of your annual NMC registration fee
• Health screening every two years, after one year's service
• Professional training and development, covering well over the required CPD hours to revalidate and maintain your professional registration
• All flexible benefits can be tailored to your requirement and lifestyle: travel or dental insurance, child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme and more
What are the key requirements for a successful Disability Assessor Nurse?
• Essential: At least two years post-registration experience, NMC registration
Stonebranch Healthcare - recruitment for healthcare professionals by healthcare professionals. Led by a team of experienced doctors and nurses, we specialise in providing disability assessment services, offering unparalleled support throughout the application process, including 24/7 availability and intensive one-on-one interview preparation, meaning an enviable placement success rate and a 100% feedback rating. As healthcare professionals we understand the challenges presented by the current healthcare sector, allowing us to provide detailed and honest insight into the role as a colleague.
If you would like to learn more about this role Apply Today and we will be in touch
Health Reimbursement Arrangement
Medicare Part D
Medicaid Managed Care
Supplementary Security Income (Ssi)