The worker will need to make sure to sustain a positive change in their lives therefore reducing the need for professional support.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To provide a dual model of support to families affected by DV through target intervention for the non-abusing parent alongside age appropriate support for their children.
• Offer one to one support sessions.
• Help the children manage their experience of witnessing DV.
• Help the parent understand the impact of DV on their children.
• Help them develop a plan to maintain safety during an incident.
• Build and manage caseloads within one to one support.
• Provide personal recovery.
• Provide crisis intervention.
• Create personalised safety plans for the family.
• Support victims gain an awareness of domestic abuse in the household.
• Educated to A-level or equivalent.
• Previously worked with high risk victims of domestic abuse.
• Providing support to children or young people.
• Understanding of Children Act 1989 and 2004.
If you are interested please call Sean Devlin on [Click here to apply]
or email me your CV to [Click here to apply]
If this role isn't right for you, but you know someone who would fit perfectly in this role and you refer them, you will receive a referral bonus of £250.