On Line People Limited are currently looking for a Domestic Assistant to work for one of our major clients based in Mkt Harborough. This is a permanent position for the right candidate working 20 hours a week - 8 week rota will be provided .
Key duties and responsibilities of the role
1. Ensure a clean environment for patient care in accordance with health and safety requirements.
2. Duties include, but are not limited to: vacuum cleaning; damp mopping of floors; damp dusting of furniture/fittings; cleaning of mirrors and internal glass; sanitary ware for example, baths, showers, sinks, toilets, washing of tiled surfaces and paintwork; high dusting of walls and ceilings; floor maintenance; changing of disposable curtains; carry out deep clean/terminal cleans when necessary (in in-patient areas).
3. Undertake full legionella flushing of all outlets within your area of responsibility and update records or documentation as required. W here access to an outlet is restricted resulting in an inability to flush, this must be reported to a supervisor/team leader as per instruction.
4. Safely empty and clean all clinical and commercial waste bins, secure and transport waste safety to the designated waste disposal area.
5. Carry out periodic cleaning, according to the required schedule.
6. Correctly and safely use equipment as necessary to provide the service, for example: suction cleaners; floor maintenance equipment; mopping systems (wet and dry); carpet cleaning machinery; steam cleaners.
7. Ensure all equipment used in delivery of duties is cleaned regularly and maintained in a safe manner.
8. Supply and replacement of consumables, for example: paper towels; toilet tissue; hand soap dispensers.
9. Assist in ensuring that cleaning stock is controlled and supplied to a level that meets customer needs.
10. Adhere to the national colour coding system for any work undertaken in accordance with current national standards as detailed in the Domestic Services Operative Manual.
11. Remove and clearly label faulty equipment and notify the supervisor/team leader.
12. Ensure all equipment used in delivery of duties is cleaned regularly and maintained in a safe manner, in compliance with COSHH.
13. Where appropriate ensure the building or work area is secure on leaving, for example: windows; doors; and exits as appropriate.
14. If ward based, additional duties may include, but not limited to:
* To assist with cleaning/washing or all equipment/utensils used in preparation, service and consuming of food and beverages, as necessary.
* Be proactive in reporting any building maintenance defects to the relevant team.
* To assist, as necessary, with the cleanliness of the kitchen area.
* To ensure that all equipment is cleaned and stored in a safe manner and kept in a clean condition and report any defects or failures to the line manager.
* To report low stock of linen levels as appropriate and assist in personal laundry process so that adequate supplies are maintained.
* To undertake the service of beverages under direction from the clinical team.
15. Support new and inexperienced members of staff to be familiar with local environment and cleaning procedures.
16. This job description is a summary of the key tasks and the post holder may be required to undertake other appropriate duties or responsibilities required by the line manager and commensurate with the post.
The role is physically demanding with a reasonably
high level of physical exertion required to meet the standards required for cleaning and to maintain
cleanliness. The role may require frequent, moderate physical effort for several long periods and occasional requirement to exert intense physical effort for short
periods. The role involves moving/us ing heavy
equipment, moving furniture, stretching, reaching, bending and repetitive movement
Work to cleaning procedures and prevention of infection.
Working with colleagues with unexpected occurrences, i.e. Staff shortages, infection outbreaks and emergencies.
Concentration required when using cleaning
Deal with patients, visitors and staff in the healthcare
Exposure to dirt, dust and smells, occasional contact with