Safehands Recruitment are currently looking for a number of Domiciliary Care Worker in Pembrokeshire.
We are predominantly looking for Domiciliary workers who are registered with Social Work Wales.
The hourly pay rate for these roles is £9.41 - £9.81 per hour.
The team works 5 hour shifts, one morning and one afternoon. (normally one candidate am, one pm, but you could have one person doing a long day with a 2 hour lunch). There is a lot of travelling between jobs because the area is very rural, so workers will have a lot of down time. You will also be able to claim mileage. You will need an Enhanced Adult Workforce DBS, manual handling training, medication training, infection control and safeguarding.
Welsh speaking is beneficial, but not essential. PPE will be provided from Welsh Government supplies.
Due to the exclusive nature of the role, our client has requested that we only discuss the opportunity in more detail confidentially. If you are qualified for the role and the location/salary suits your requirements, apply now and we will be in touch as soon as possible with more information.
To provide physical and emotional support to customers to promote independence so that the customers can remain living in their own homes.
To maintain high standards of Health and hygiene in the customers home.
RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND TASKS
• To work with the customer to maximize and promote their independence.
• To assist the customer in/out of bed if necessary, to wash, dress and assist with bathing and all appropriate personal care.
• Using equipment such as hoists for moving and handling customers, to comply with Health and Safety regulations.
• Emptying catheter bags and any continence management.
• Attend training as deemed appropriate by the Care Manager.
• Report immediately to the manager any changes in the customer’s condition.
• To observe medication from a Dosette box.
• Record all visits to comply with the Data Protection Act.
• To be caring and considerate towards customers.
• Previous Care experience (but not essential).
• The ability to work independently or part of a team.
• MUST have a CLEAN DRIVING LICENSE and CAR ESSENTIAL
If you are interested in the role please click APPLY or contact Jamie Roberts on (phone number removed) to discuss the role further