As a Health Care Assistant, you are responsible for providing individualized care to our clients. You must be warm, considerate, knowledgeable, dedicated, sensitive to our clients’ needs and disabilities, committed and flexible. Give the clients informed choice and seek their consent at all times before any interventions. The care you provide must meet the National Minimum Standard and Care Quality Commission guidelines.
• Supporting our clients to be as independent as much as possible in their activities of daily living.
• Supporting the clients with their daily physical, emotional, and dietary needs.
• Assisting the clients with washing/bathing, shopping and preparation of meals, laundry and other domestic chores.
• Supervising/administering the clients’ medications as per prescription.
• Liaising with other agencies for example GP, Pharmacist, dentist, and opticians on behalf of the clients whenever required and give immediate feedback to line manager.
• Liaising with clients’ Nearest Relatives or Next of Kin and working in collaboration with them where necessary.
• Monitoring the clients’ general well being and documenting any changes in their health condition in relevant folders/files.
• Actively participating in reviewing the clients’ care plan.
• As an HCA, your relationship with the client is a professional one that is aimed at supporting them.
• Be aware of your skills and capabilities, and do not carry out tasks that you do not feel confident with OR trained for.