Employment Coordinator - Greater Manchester
Lifestyles & Work
£18,787 per annum pro rata + excellent benefits
Advertising End Date:
29 Jul 2019
Hours Per Week:
Back to results
We work in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all our services support people to live life as they choose. Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You will have opportunities to develop as a person, colleague, leader and activist. We want to make you feel inspired to reach your potential.
Our work includes;
* providing high-quality, flexible services that allow people to live as independently as possible in a place they choose
* providing advice through our help lines and web sites
* campaigning for the changes that people with a learning disability wan
Are you looking for a fun, new and exciting role?
We are looking for an Employment Coordinator to work across the Greater Manchester area on part-time basis, working on both Employ Me Services.
Our programme offers a wide range of benefits, helping those with a learning disability to:
* Raise their aspirations
* Build skills and confidence
* Have a better understanding of employment
* Show employers what they can do
* Progress towards paid work
In this role, you will deliver our Positive Future project supporting the people we support develop skills be part of the team focusing on Employer Engagement to secure jobs and work experience opportunities. You will engage with employers to agree placements for people with a learning disability discuss potential reasonable adjustments and assess the Health & safety of venues.
As a Coordinator, ensuring that the people we support progress, by increasing their work skills to enable them maintain paid jobs, as well as taking the lead with promoting good practices within the service through Case Studies & WOW's.
You will take some responsibility for supporting the Lead Coordinator in promoting the programme to referral agencies, to ensure we have a cohort ready to join the programme. You will also support the Lead Coordinator with developing the service, quality and compliance, as well as Access to work claims
You will need the ability to work on your own initiative. Good interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills as well as the ability to work effectively with clients, employers, and other professionals is essential. The ability to maintain accurate and up to date records using IT based systems is also required. Ideally, you will have employer engagement and marketing experience - as an important aspect of the role is creating work opportunities for the people we support.
A full UK drivers licence and access to a Car is essential.
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
* 24 days' holiday (exclusive of Bank holidays) increasing to 27 days' with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
* Amazing Induction from day 1
* Access to award winning training and development
* Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
* Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
* Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
* Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
* Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
* Interest free season ticket loans
* Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
* Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
* Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
* Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Role Profile Apply