RGN / ODP Scrub Practitioner | Theatre | Band 5 or 6 dependent on experience | Hull | Full Time
Spire Hull are recruiting for experienced Scrub Practitioners to join their friendly and supportive team. Long days are available for this role and with excellent development opportunities available
Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital is based in Anlaby, near Humber Bridge. The hospital provides care for patients across East Yorkshire and Northern Lincolnshire. Our hospital offers a range of services and procedures including orthopaedic, general surgery, weight loss surgery, eye surgery and cosmetic surgery. Other services include, radiology - MRI and CT and physiotherapy. We believe it's our people that really set us apart, we work with the very best medical professionals and our colleagues are an attentive and highly experienced team.
Duties and responsibilities
Working as part of this friendly and supportive team you can expect to assist patients undergoing a variety of elective procedures including ENT, neurological, orthopaedic, laparoscopic, ophthalmic, gynaecology and urology.
- You will be required to support the senior staff ensuring high standards of effective care are delivered to all patients within the Theatre suite, whilst maintaining communication within the team
- You will also need to prepare an operating theatre for surgery in relation to instrumentation, equipment and supplies required for specific operative procedures, ensuring waste is kept to a minimum
- You will be required to perform scrub duties
- RN or ODP qualification
- English National Board Advanced scrub practitioner qualification in perioperative practice desirable
- Must have experience of working as a perioperative practitioner in and across surgical teams
Who we're looking for
An interest in development and progression is encouraged and reinforced, offering the opportunity to complete the surgical first assist course and specialize within the surgical areas on offer. Our onsite education team will keep you up to date with BLS and ILS and you will be provided with your ALS training.
- ODP or Nursing qualification
- HCPC or NMC registration
- Operating Department Practitioner with Scrub Experience
- Experience of working in teams and with minimum supervision
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work-life balance, on-going development, support, and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales, and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Sarah Whittaker on 07525887973 or [ Email address blocked ] .
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people