£26,500 - £28,500
Endoscopy Nurse required in Southampton this service has been established for 10 years acquired by this private organisation in 2014.
The Treatment Centre provides inpatient and day case elective surgery with associated outpatient and diagnostic clinics across 9 specialties Orthopaedics, Oral Surgery, Gynaecology, General Surgery, ENT (ear, nose and throat), Urology, Eye Surgery, Endoscopy and Pain Management.
My client is a one of the UK largest independent healthcare providers who work in very close partnership with the NHS to deliver a range of services, providing high quality specialist care for more than 50,000 patients each year.
- Maintain and monitor high standards of care by using a systematic approach to individualised care, by planning and delivering care around the model of nursing in the clinical area
- Maintain knowledge base of equipment used within the unit
- Be responsible for maintaining safe custody, witnessing, recording and delivery of all medication to patients
- Have a good understanding of the difference between local anaesthetic and sedation and to give appropriate advice accordingly
- Be able to give post procedure advice i.e. sedation and non-sedation
- Competent in giving explanations to patients undergoing endoscopy/gynaecology procedures
- Understand the risks of sedated patients whilst undergoing and recovering from a procedure.
- Be competent in setting up the endoscopy/gynaecology suites, ensuring relevant equipment is available
- Be able to work as a team alongside nursing and medical staff
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Experience in an Acute setting
- Experience in a surgical setting
- The ability to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care according to individual needs
- NMC Registered Nurse
Up to £28,500 great nursing hours No on-call, Nights, sundays or bank holidays CHRISTMAS OFF
If you would like to apply for this role please email your CV