We are looking for a commercially experienced Cell Biologist with a keen interest in developing new tools, methodologies, and technologies for cell and tissue related applications for a company in Royston.
In this role you will use your technical expertise in Cell Biology, Immunology and Process Development - demonstrating scientific leadership and excellence. You will also take on project leadership responsibility representing the company in client meetings. Your goal will be to identify commercial opportunities and develop enabling technologies that contribute to the growth of the business.
* An excellent academic record with an undergraduate degree in cell biology, immunology, or a related discipline, and an experimental PhD
* Commercially relevant experience in cell/gene therapy or regenerative medicine in a GMP, GCLP, GxP environment
* Experience in up- and downstream cell bioprocessing (e.g. isolation of primary cells, sterility testing and other relevant aspects)
* Practical understanding of the regulatory requirements for biological product manufacturing
* Scientific curiosity and excellent problem solving capabilities
* An ability to work collaboratively across interdisciplinary teams, with excellent communication skills
The following would be an advantage:
* Complex gene editing technologies such as CRISPR CAS, Base- or Prime-editing
* Cancer biology
* Immunology experience or Stem cell experience e.g. creation of iPSCs, differentiation of MSCs and stem cell fate
* 3D cell culture, culture on scaffolds, biomaterials
* Track record of Technology transfer from RandD to clinical work would be a plus
Complex Problem Solving