Enhanced Care Lead | Wards | Competitive Salary dependent on experience | Edinburgh | 37.5 Hours per week
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Registered Nurse to join the Acute Surgical Wards team at Murrayfield Hospital as our Enhanced Care Lead/Link.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced registered nurse to lead the Enhanced Care Service comprising of a three-bed Enhanced Care Area (ERU) co-located with the Ground Floor Ward, covering a wide variety of clinical specialities including Orthopaedic, Spinal, Bariatric, Colorectal, General Surgical, ENT, Gynaecology and Urology. You will be an instrumental part of leading on change and transformation within the department and work closely with the Head of Clinical Education & Lead for Resuscitation & Emergency Care.
You will communicate effectively, contribute to multidisciplinary team meetings and support patients and staff, developing of junior staff, promoting up-to-date evidence-based safe practice and facilitating competency retention. Due to the multi-speciality nature of the role, this is a perfect opportunity for a nurse who wants to develop their clinical, educational and leadership skills.
We ensure that our patients are at the heart of what we do and all our Practitioners are able to provide high quality care.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Lead on the delivery of Enhanced Care services
- Implement Spire and National Enhanced Care standards, policies and procedures
- In a multidisciplinary team approach, contribute to pre-admission assessments and MDT consultation to prevent exceeding the scope of Care Level 1, maintaining patient safety
- Facilitate others to provide exemplary planned care for all Level 1 patients through the provision of theoretical and practical clinical education relevant to Enhanced Care
- Work with the Ward Sisters, Clinical Education Facilitator and members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure that Enhanced Care practitioners comply with the mandatory training requirements and help ensuring that training records are maintained
- Facilitate and support the induction and orientation of new Enhanced Care practitioners and be responsible for the clinical teaching, supervision, and assessment of relevant competencies (Enhanced Care Education Programme)
- Develop/review local policies, procedures, standards and clinical guidelines based on high quality evidence
- Ensure equipment/medical devices in the Enhanced Care Area is fit for purpose and adequately maintained
- Support Clinical Governance and Clinical Effectiveness & Audit relating to Enhanced Care
- Be involved in Emergency Care and Resuscitation training including inter-hospital transfer to a higher level of care
- Contribute to committees and the Spire Enhanced Care Lead/Link network
Who we're looking for:
- A registered nurse with at least 2-3 years acute (Level 1)* clinical experience, who is flexible, adaptable and comfortable working across a variety of surgical specialties
- Ideally, with leadership skills and experience in developing nursing practice and educating practitioners at different levels
- An excellent role model for new and experienced healthcare professionals
- A confident, organised and supportive individual who can motivate practitioners to deliver high quality care founded in evidence-based practice
- Advanced Life Support (ALS) and Paediatric Immediate Life Support (PILS) provider – or happy to become ALS/PILS certified
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employee's well-being through work-life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Jillian Fraser on [ Email address blocked ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people. Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
Confident And Emotionally Stable