We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced surgical ward nurse to join a high end Vision Clinic in the heart of Harley Street.
Working 42 hours a week, including a 1 hour lunch break.
Shifts: 7:30-16:00, 08:30-17:00, 09:00-17:30 or 10:00-19:00
Caring for the patient’s pre and post operatively. The role involves some ophthalmic diagnostic testing, as well as assisting the surgeon in the theatre.
* Pre and post operative ophthalmic testing
* Administer and dispensing eye drops
* Education on how to use drops
* Assisting the surgeon in surgery in various procedures
* Ordering of medical supplies
* Stock takes
* Following Care Quality Commission standards
* Correspondence with patients.
* Diploma or Degree in Nursing and to hold a valid registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
* 1-2 years surgical ward experience
* Excellent verbal and written communication
* A self-starter, capable of working within a team with minimal supervision
* Clerical and administrative experience using computers
* Working Knowledge of a simple database application, word, excel, email and Internet
* Good problem solving skills
* Excellent organizational skills
Experience nurses with 1-2 years surgical ward experience apply today to secure a quick interview
Complex Problem Solving