We have an exciting opportunity for a Junior Sister (F Grade equivalent) to join our Oncology Inpatients Unit based at 22 Devonshire Place, W1G, with a salary range on offer of £40,319 - £51,527. The London Clinic has a supportive and warm working culture where your contribution is valued, and you can help us provide the best, personalised healthcare, and deliver our three core values of; Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering.
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospital, with state-of-the-art facilities located on Harley Street. We have circa 1200 employees, a total of 8 premises, and we are dedicated to providing the best, personalised healthcare with a breadth of surgical and medical expertise.
The postholder will facilitate the provision of a co-ordinated, high quality inpatient service to cancer patients in consultation with the inpatient manager. To be in charge and act as deputy when the manager or the deputy manager is absent.
This is a full time, permanent position working 37.5 hours per week (Days/ Nights/ Weekends)
We offer a comprehensive package including a contributory pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%), Private Medical Healthcare, 33 days annual leave (inclusive), as well as a wide range of other benefits.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To be competent in the recognition of life threatening/ and or oncology emergencies and act appropriately.
- To organise workload in line with clinical priorities.
- Maintain clinical credibility and visibility across all patient care areas within the Clinic.
- Develop and implement link nurse/practice development initiatives in consultation with the nurse specialists/ Clinical Training Team.
Skills & Experience
- NMC Registered general nurse
- Post registration course within this specialist field (such as Chemotherapy Administration)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Oncology Nursing
- Experience of clinical audit and ability to interpret results and change service delivery accordingly
We are an organisation that has charitable status, and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
The London Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We absolutely welcome applicants from underrepresented groups; if you think you have the skills and experience for the job, please apply - we would love to hear from you regardless of your background.