ALS provides a broad range of testing and analytical services to a wide variety of end markets and industries around the globe. We continue to remain at the forefront of the testing services industry, building an enviable reputation.
We are looking to recruit a facilities technician, this is a new and exciting role for our Carlisle site.
This role is slightly different in that 70% of your time will be spent completing the duties of a facilities technician the other 30% you will be assisting in the laboratory So this is a very varied role.
Basis: Permanent / Full Time - 40 hours per week
Role: 70% of your time will be spent within the facilities teams, 30% working within the food laboratory assisting the sample preparation team
Shift: Monday to Friday - 08:30 - 17:30
The position will be responsible for:
* Performing routine daily, weekly and monthly tasks as assigned
* Conforming to all site Quality Management systems and all Health and Safety procedures.
* Performing duties within the timescales required and ensure that results meet expectations.
* Ensuring that the site is kept clean and tidy. To remove waste and ensure that waste streams are adhered to correctly.
* Minor internal and external maintenance and repairs across the site.
* Helping to manage and support contractors and visitors to site, ensuring compliance to paperwork and procedures.
* Ensuring that all records are completed concisely and accurately with paperwork written in clear handwriting.
* Helping to promote problem solving activities across the site and within the team to ensure a proactive approach to any issues.
* Helping to manage resources and control costs within the role from a business and sustainability perspective.
To be successful in this role you will have:
* Previous experience within a maintenance role - (Desirable)
* The ability to work alone and as part of a team.
* The capability to work under pressure
* Excellent organisational skills and the aptitude to multi-task
* A keen eye for detail and the mind-set to work on own initiative.
* Have a hands on approach to manual tasks.
* Great communication skills, written and oral.
* To be able to accurately follow written procedures and verbal direction
* Basic computer/IT skills
* An open outlook to ongoing training and development
Full training will be provided on all aspects of the role where required
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and skilled person looking to develop their career in an international company
Practical And Pragmatic
Attention To Detail
Complex Problem Solving