Dorset DCA - £9.51ph - Driver with own vehicle required
Voyage Care is seeking an exceptional Female Support Worker, who will be providing support to individuals with Learning Disabilities and Enduring Mental Health Problems at a Supported Living Service in Poole.
Benefits for Voyage Care Female Support Workers include:
- A permanent contract (20 hours per week) plus overtime if available
- Competitive rates of pay
- Paid, industry leading, face to face and online training
- Company pension, paid holiday and employee benefits including discount vouchers for major retailers
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the People we Support in their home and local community
Successful Female Support Workers will be working in a service with 3 People we Support who have Learning Disabilities and Enduring Mental Health Problems as well as on the outreach team, supporting people in the Poole area.
Female Support Workers will assist the People we Support in all aspects of their life that they need assistance. Support may include (but not be limited to):
- Community access and social events
- Undertaking hobbies and other interests
- Assistance with daily household tasks
- Listening and emotional support
- Medication Administration
- Personal Care
- Financial Assistance
Voyage Care provide full (paid) training to all Support Workers.
The available role is for a full time Female Support Worker. All Female Support Workers will be required a mixture of early, late and long day shifts.
Please note that the role will include weekend work, shifts on public holidays and some sleep in shifts.
Voyage Care ask that all Female Support Workers:
- Work within the company's ethos of providing person centred care
- Are compassionate and understanding
- Are reliable and conscientious
- Have a good understanding or written and spoken English and basic Mathematics
- Are flexible in the shifts they can work
- Currently hold or are prepared to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
- Hold a full UK driving licence and have access to a car
Successful Support Workers may be required to cover annual leave and sickness at other local services.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a motivated and determined team. So make a great career move.
COVID19 safety is important to us all, we support our staff and the people we support to stay safe by wearing correct PPE, including Type IIR Fluid Resistant Surgical Masks (FRSM), aprons and gloves at all times. We have an in-house team that ensures that all of our services have plenty of PPE at all times. All care and support is carried out following the latest Government guidance. Our aim is to keep you and the people we support safe.
Click Apply to complete our one page application………All applications & CV's received are reviewed on a daily basis.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010