Fitzroy are recruiting support workers for our residential service based in Teddington. You will be supporting 8 residents with learning disabilities and/or physical disabilities. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a friendly and supportive team. All of the people we support have different needs and interests, so everyday will be different. You will play a vital role in supporting and encouraging independence to our lovely residents. If you are caring, compassionate and want to make a difference, we would love to hear from you.
- Day shift: £11.71 per hour weekdays and £12.71 weekends.
- Currently offering +£4.50 for overtime shifts.
- Time and a half or double time for public holidays.
- Sleep-ins are £45 per night.
- 30 days holiday when you start.
Were hiring Support Workers
As a support worker, youll wake up every day feeling good about your work. Even without previous care experience, as long as you have the right values well train and support you to be confident in delivering care and support to transform lives for people with disabilities.
What does a Support Worker do?
A support workers day is varied and rewarding. You will:
- Support everyone differently to their individual needs.
- Be actively involved in a range of peoples interests and activities.
- Support and encourage with personal care, such as showers and baths.
Support Worker Hours
You will work a set pattern of morning and afternoon shifts. Shifts are 7.5 hours, and a full-time contract is 37.5hours (5 shifts a week). The earliest start is from 7am and the latest finish is until 10pm.
Weekend working is essential, which will be on a rotating basis and when you work a weekend you will have the time off in the week.
What are the Benefits for our Support Workers?
- 30 days holiday when you start (Pro rata for part time).
- Enhanced rates of pay for weekends and overtime shifts.
- Cash back scheme on health care such as dentists and opticians.
- Access to virtual GPs.
- Free legal advice.
- Blue Light Card for instant shopping and leisure discounts.
- Paid DBS and paid subscription to the Update Service.
- Long Service Bonuses.
- Life assurance.
- Free access to counselling.
- Investment in your training and development.
- *Overtime attracts + £1.50 per hour, until March 2022 were temporarily offering + £4.50 per hour (over 37.5 hours)
Our vaccination requirements
Applicants must demonstrate a COVID PASS.
Interested? Click apply to complete our short online application form
- Well Being And Personal Care