Female Support Worker
Dimensions UK Ltd
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019.Start your day knowing you'll make a difference - we are looking for female to join our team of Support Workers in Barnet, Sampson Avenue and create a positive difference that improves life for the people we support.
There are six of us and we have moved sometime back to the Barnet area, although we know some places in the local area we are looking to increase our team of support staff and are looking for local people who know the area or people who are willing to find new places for us to go.
We require support with all aspects of personal care and daily living skills, we like to laugh and have fun so please make sure that you have a good sense of humour."Gender is considered to be a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with paragraph 1 of Schedule 9 of the Equality Act
We look forward to hearing from you.Sharing in our Values
We pride ourselves on being a values based employer. That means we believe passionately in:Ambition-
helping people be the best they can be by:
- Setting personalised and challenging goals.
- Teaching new skills and encouraging new experiences.
being brave enough to make a difference, by:
- Challenging what you feel is not in the best interest of the person you are supporting.
- Championing what they want to achieve for themselves - and helping to make it happen.
- Helping the people we support to explore new things - and supporting them to realise what they can achieve.
- Giving confidence to people in reaching their goals and not being afraid of new challenges.
- Inspiring innovation and supporting the courage to be
being honest and fair in all the things we do, by:
- Communicating clearly - adapting what you say and how you say it, so that it's meaningful for the person you're supporting.
- Exercising confidentiality when dealing with vulnerable adults - for example, when managing financial and personal details.
working with other people to make a bigger difference, by:
- Understanding the varying needs and requirements of people with disabilities.
- Developing positive working relationships with those involved in Dimensions - including those we support, their families and carers, your internal colleagues and external agencies.
- Working as part of a team.
treating everyone fairly and knowing that everyone's voice is important, by:
- Sharing our commitment to Equal Opportunities for all.
- Treating all people with
dignity and respect.
Those are the qualities that you'll need to join the team - they're beliefs shared by everyone who works with us.
If you think this is the right role for you, come and make a difference to people's lives, every working day!Your rewards
A full list of rewards can be found in the job description attachedApply now
If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail, please call Dawn Tew on telephone [Click here to apply]
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role and if applicable an overseas DBS check, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As disability confident leaders, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol
by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application in one of our offices using assistive technology.
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.