We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Fermentation Development Leader to join a leading life sciences company based in South West England. This role is within the Fermentation Development and Process department and are responsible for the manufacture of vaccines, therapeutics and diagnostic products.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The role of Fermentation Development Leader will be varied and will involve hands on technical responsibilities as well as line management and supervisory duties:
1. You will be responsible for managing day to day functions for the fermentation process of the manufacture of biotherapeutics, including cell seeding, cell banking and microbiology.
2. You will help to supervise a team of production scientists and technicians, including managing three direct reports. This will involve appraising, supervising, mentoring and identifying areas of improvement.
3. Ensure compliance of all processes, including writing and reviewing quality documents e.g. SOPs, change controls, non conformances.
4. As Fermentation Development lead, you will help in the scale up of upstream fermentation processes using techniques such as working with bioreactors, fermentors or Ambr systems from lab scale to pilot scale.
You will be expected to demonstrate the following upon application for the position of Fermentation Team Leader:
1. At least a BSc in a Biological Sciences field such as Microbiology, Biotechnology, Biochemistry.
2. Working experience of fermentation processes for the manufacture of biopharmaceuticals, specifically cell banking, cell seeding and microbiology. With the use of bioreactors or scale up of fermentation processes.
3. You will need previous experience managing or supervising a small team, and ideally have had some involvement with upstream fermentation process development.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer that is happy to welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors and is made up of a collaboration of scientists supporting science. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves
Coaching And Mentoring