Surrey and Hants DCA
Field Support Supervisor
Pay rate £24,121pa
Covering Maternity Leave on a 12 month contract
Voyage Care are currently looking for a Field Support/Field Care Supervisor to join us in our Hindhead office. As a Field Support Supervisor/ Field Care Supervisor you may be managing multiple Supported Living Services in North Hampshire and Surrey.
As a Field Support Supervisor you will be responsible for creating and maintaining person centred support plans and ensuring high quality support is provided to each of the people that we support. You will be reporting in to the Branch Manager and be required to delegate duties to Support Workers, promote good practice at all times and act as an effective and positive role model.
As a Field Support Supervisor, you may be required to work alone with the people you support or as part of a team, and may be required to provide support in any location appropriate to meet the needs of the service. You will also take part in the on call rota approximately 1 week in 4 (although this may be subject to change depending on the needs of the service).
Our Field Support Supervisors are responsible for managing a staff team and liaising closely with the recruitment function to ensure their services are adequately staffed.
Benefits to a career with Voyage Care:
- £500 joining bonus
- A clearly defined career path if you want it
- A mixture of in house management training and nationally recognised qualifications
- Paid DBS & Holidays
- Life assurance & Pension Scheme
- Blue Light Card Membership (which has access to some of the best high street discounts such as Apple, EE Mobile, Sports Direct, Halfords, New Look, Sky & many more)
- Long service awards
- Refer a friend Scheme that pays £500 - £2000 T&Cs apply
What we are looking for from you:
- Experience managing a staff team
- An in-depth understanding of our client group
- Prior experience in a health and social care environment
- Driver with own vehicle (travel between multiple services will be required)
- The ability to prioritise your workload
- A 'can do' attitude
- Prior experience writing a rota and the determination to get any gaps covered in it without the use of agency staff
You will have overall responsibility for assessing new people that we support, and the development, maintenance and implementation of individuals' support plans, encouraging the people we support to take an active role in all aspects of daily living
Ensuring that all people we support have up to date documentation, observations and MAR charts, in accordance with the company's Administration of Medication Policy; including staff medication competencies and regular audits of Medication records
Arranging, planning and conducting the supervisions and appraisals of support workers as and when required.
Attending, participating and contributing to various meetings for the people that we support and your team.
Undertaking all training (including statutory) relevant to the needs of the service and the people you support and according to relevant legislation, in order to professionally develop and gain skills beneficial to the individuals.
Ensuring all policies and procedures applicable to the service and the company are followed and understood in order to comply with regulations and good practice.
To provide a service and deliver care from time to time when emergencies, or short term requirements present such a need. This may be in the absence of any other member of staff.
All applicants and subsequent job offers will be subject to satisfactory DBS checks and references.