Financial Accountant based at Epworth House, Derby Permanent - Full Time - 37 hours per week. Salary - circa £45,000 per annum About the role:
MHA has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Financial Accountant to join our Financial Accounts Team. You will report into the Head of Financial Accounts and will support the efficient and concise financial reporting, with particular emphasis on the balance sheet and ensuring that robust procedures and controls are in place. The role is based in Derby city centre but the team are currently working from home with occasional office working. Using your technical financial expertise, you will provide information and advice to stakeholders within and outside of MHA i.e. Auditors, HMRC, Banks, Tax Advisors and CQC. You will be a detailed orientated individual and will ensure that the finances of MHA are appropriately controlled in accordance with statutory requirements and policies of the organisation. Who we're looking for:
- An ACA or ACCA qualified Accountant with proven technical financial experience.
- Experience with reporting under FRS102.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly analyse complex situations and data, identify key issues and solutions driving through to making tough, timely decisions.
- Previous experience of working within an Audit environment and with external auditors.
- Customer focused with the desire to build effective working relationships across the organisation.
- Be able to proactively challenge, influence and gain alignment.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, collaboration and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines whilst delivering to a high standard.
Please note that interviews may take place prior to the advert closing as and when suitable applications are received. If a suitable candidate is appointed the role may close early, therefore please do not hesitate to submit your application. Why join MHA?
These are just some of the reasons MHA is a great place to work:-
- We have a supportive and values based culture,
- High colleague employee engagement scores.
- Highly supportive leadership team.
- Highly competitive pay and benefits.
- A range of flexible benefits including an option to buy or sell additional annual leave.
- Pension scheme.
- Colleagues have access to Chaplaincy and Pastoral support.
- Employee Assistance Programme including independent free counselling and legal advice.
Methodist Homes (MHA) is the largest charity care provider in the U.K. We have more than 76 years' experience of delivering care and support to over 18,500 older people. We understand what it takes to help people live later life well through our Care homes, Retirement schemes and MHA Communities. At MHA we place great importance on nurturing the mind, body and spirit of those we care for, their families, along with commitment and dedication from our 7,500 employees and 4,000 volunteers regardless of faith, background or belief. As the largest charity care provider in the UK, we offer some of the highest quality care, accommodation and support services for older people throughout Britain. Our mission is to inspire the best care and wellbeing at every stage of later life.