Senior Physiotherapist | MSK Outpatients | Band 6 equivalent dependent on experience | Wirral | Full time
Spire Wirral are looking to recruit an experienced physiotherapist to join our friendly and dynamic team in the outpatient department. To be considered for this role you must have at least 18 months post qualifying experience in MSK and ideally be an MSK outpatient physio wishing to continue in this field. Our outpatient department receives referrals from our consultants, GPs and self-referred patients. We also provide all the post of rehabilitation for orthopaedic patients from the ward and therefore experience of in-patient orthopaedics and post-operative rehabilitation is also highly desirable. The successful applicant will be expected to work one or two evenings a week and also be flexible to help with ward cover, although training can be provided for this.
Duties and responsibilities
As a qualified physiotherapist at Spire, you can expect to enjoy a diverse role. We perform a wide range of orthopaedic and spinal surgery.
- Provide highly skilled and specialized assessment, diagnosis and treatment for patients within the outpatient setting
- Take a lead role in physiotherapy assessment and diagnosis and treatment of patient caseload
- To cover the wards and orthopaedic inpatient workload as needed including being part of a weekend rota
- To be part of the wider team to strive for improved quality of care
- To be involved in the delivery of IST, audit and service development
Who we're looking for
- Degree (BSc Hons in Physiotherapy) or equivalent with HCPC registration
- Experience of assessing, treating and supporting a range of patients/cases across the In-patient setting
- Ideally have experience in Orthopaedics in an In-patient and Out Patients
- Excellent communication and organisational skills are key to continue our high standards of patient
- Candidates should have a strong desire to develop services and work as part of the Physiotherapy team
- Desirable skills include acupuncture and/or Pilates qualifications, application of shockwave therapy
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Ian Lappin on 07912 567 035 / [ Email address blocked ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications