Role: General Manager
Salary: Up to £48,000 per annum plus bonus scheme linked to depot performance
Location: Mallusk, Northern Ireland
Our client is one of the UK’s largest independent pharmaceutical wholesalers offering a product range through exceptional customer service and efficient delivery.
The General Manager will manage the Sales and Operations teams, and take responsibility for the implementation of the above and all aspects of day to day company activity and growth of the region.
You will be responsible for: Account managers, telesales, customer services, warehouse manager, warehouse operatives, distribution, regional credit control in co-operation with finance department. Health and safety, quality, regulatory compliance, in co-operation with group operational support.
Your main Objectives:
To work with senior managers and Directors on key areas of company work including:
* Company Management
* Human Resources
The General Manager will undertake a wide range of responsibilities as follows:
* Provide leadership and vision in developing and implementing the short and long term plans of the region.
* Manage the account managers, telesales and work with them to achieve depot sales and margin budgets.
* Manage the operations and all staff needed in the regional depot to achieve high company standards while adhering to MHRA guideline.
* Oversee the running of the office and ensuring that necessary resources are purchased to run effectively.
* Maintain and develop working relationships with customers via account managers.
* Develop and implement services to customers via account managers.
* Tariff management.
* Market information.
* Electronic ordering / Order pad.
* Price list management.
* Special offer maintenance.
* Ensuring ALL regional customers are receiving the highest standard of service.
To manage the administration of the human resource policies, procedures and programs including:
Recruitment of all staff within sales and operations departments.
Performance management and improvement systems.
Employment and compliance to regulatory concerns and reporting.
Employee development and training.
Employee safety, welfare and health.
* Devise annual regional budgets in consultation with the Director of Sales and MD’s.
* Liaise with the Management Accountant and Finance Director to manage company finances.
* Manage and review the credit terms and limits of regional customers.
* Collect and manage payments from customers in co-operation with the finance department.
* Control and agree retro agreements with customers.
* Oversee all expenditure with depot.
* Oversee content, production and distribution of all marketing and publicity materials with commercial department
* Develop existing and new material to enhance the companies profile and profitability
* Supporting staff in their day to day use of the IT systems
* Adherence to all implemented SOP’S
The successful candidate:
Applicants should ideally have Pharmaceutical sector experience from either a wholesaler/distributor or manufacturer with a sales background combined with strong people management and team building skills. Applicants will also be considered with the relevant experience from the FMCG sector.
The successful candidate needs to demonstrate a determination to succeed coupled with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels and the flexibility to manage in a changing and growing environment.
Key Attributes and Experience
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Drive, Integrity and Focus – A leader
Committed, enthusiastic, energetic with a ‘hands on approach’
Aware of current relevant legislation
Experience within a Distribution and Logistics environment
Glu Recruit are an equal opportunities employer
Occupational Safety And Health