About Instil Bio
The transition from the era of pharmaceuticals to the era of biotechnology brought tremendous medical innovation to patients’ lives. Come join us as we lead the next transition – from biotechnology to cell therapy.
Instil Bio is a rapidly growing and dynamic cell therapy company; we are building the team that will establish cell therapy as the third pillar of therapeutic medicines. Our people work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment, marrying our expertise and dedication with our desire to help patients in need. We offer attractive and competitive compensation plans and benefit programs.
Manufacturing Business Support Supervisor
We now have an excellent opportunity for a Manufacturing Business Support Supervisor to join our team at the Manchester site. In this vital role you will be responsible for supporting the Manufacturing Managers in training, managing and mentoring manufacturing associate staff within the Manufacturing function at Instil Bio (UK)’s clinical manufacturing facilities in Manchester, UK. You will lead, develop and manage staff to support the manufacture of clinical and verification batches to meet clinical demand, achieve improvements in planned aseptic manufacturing production, pharmaceutical awareness, cGMP, capacity utilisation, quality, cost and supply plans and activities in compliance with company, regulatory, pharmaceutical standards.
Key Responsibilities Include (but not limited to):
* Liaise with Manufacturing Managers and Supervisors in strategic planning and leadership to meet site and global objectives.
* To recruit, train, develop and coach technical team members such that increased focus is put on pharmaceutical awareness and operating standards as well as job skills and knowledge of an advanced therapy medicinal product (ATMP)
* Ensure manufacturing associates adhere to regulatory requirements (US, UK, and EU)
• Work with supply chain to plan materials kitting, receive material and execute on-time to support product manufacturing
* Through implementation of Continuous Improvement philosophy, manage and improve pharmaceutical standards, awareness & compliance within the technical team (measures: CAPA close out, NCR close out, clean room standards, engineering standards);
* Implement operational excellence principles to ensure accelerating manufacturing cadence meets clinical targets
* Setting, communicating, tracking, and reporting KPI’s at a personal and departmental level
* Champion a continuous improvement culture; work cross-functionally with Manufacturing Sciences and Technology (MS&T) and Quality to improve manufacturing operations in a compliant manner
* Work cross-functionally on new product introduction and process changes (transfers, improvements, validation)
* Ensure processes are followed for change controls, deviations/investigations, CAPAs, process transfers, validations, risk analysis, and mitigations
Relevant Education Skills and Experience
To be successful as the Manufacturing Business Support Supervisor it is envisaged that you will have the following skills and experiences:
* Team management and people development.
* Ability to successful manage manufacturing operations support areas through good planning and resourcing.
* Eye for detail to ensure right first-time operational excellence.
* At least 2-5 years of experience managing operational teams of at least 5 staff
* BS degree in life sciences, engineering or related field, advanced degree, e.g. MS
* Quality Systems used in GMP environments
* Knowledge of GMPs and compliance within the biopharmaceutical industry
* Ability to accommodate flexible working hours depending on work need
* Excellent communication skills, written & oral
* Ability to work well with others in the team environment
* Willingness to learn
* Ability to plan and prioritise own work and work of others
Whilst not essential it may be an advantage if you have:
* Passion for developing staff
* Experience in cell therapies/ATMPs Experience with managing shift working
* Guidance and compliance with MHRA, HTA, European Directives or FDA guidance for Cell Therapies
* Passion and willingness to learn about new technologies
Remuneration & Benefits
The salary for the Manufacturing Business Support Supervisor will be competitive within the Biotechnology and wider Scientific sector with actual salary offered reflecting relevant qualifications and experience as well as performance at interview. In any event we anticipate a salary in the £40,000 to £45,000 range together with an attractive bonus and benefits package.
If you would like to join us as Manufacturing Business Support Supervisor at this critical time in our development and you think your skills and experience are a good fit for this role apply with a current CV and we’ll get back to you within a day or two
Certified Global Meeting Planner
Coaching And Mentoring