Group Infection Prevention and Control Nurse
We are working on behalf of one of the UK’s largest and most respected cosmetic surgery providers, and currently have a rare and exciting opportunity for a Group Infection Prevention and Control Nurse.
Reporting directly to the Group Head of Governance and Compliance, the Group Infection Prevention and Control Nurse provides leadership and operational management support to the clinical and non-clinical teams on a national basis, ensuring infection prevention and control standards are adhered to in every location.
Duties & Responsibilities of the Group Infection Prevention and Control Nurse:
* Collate, analyse and report on infection control data across the organisation – including 3rd Party locations and external customers;;
* Investigate and undertake RCA for variances; trends or themes and escalate as appropriate;
* Act as a point of contact for relevant clinical and non-clinical staff to ensure that services are developed and delivered safely and appropriately;
* Support the Commercial and Central Services Teams to identify; equip and furnish new premises;
* Review, revise and develop policies and procedures to drive forward continuous quality improvement in the clinical and non-clinical care of all patients in respect of infection prevention and control;
* Provide guidance to the Governance Team based on evidence based data to ensure responsive management to infection control processes when there is an actual/potential outbreak;
* Provide wound care/clinical advice and guidance to clinical staff, working with the Consultant Microbiologist as required;
* Identify opportunities for improvements in clinical and non-clinical practices, service delivery and customer care as highlighted through evidence research based practice and national standards;
* Ensure that the model of service delivery and the patient care pathways in respect of infection prevention and control are endorsed by the committee structures;
* Work closely with the Consultant Microbiologist to ensure a proactive approach to IPC across the Group;
* Carry out site visits to support Governance Board Assurance; CQC registration and inspection requirements ;
* Undertake annual infection control audit of all hospital facilities (in Group and out of Group);
* Coordinate and facilitate infection control audits at clinic and hospital level using link persons as required;
* Provide training and education to clinical staff in respect of infection prevention and control;
* Identify; train; mentor and support Link Clinicians across the Group to facilitate the delivery of the IPC work programme;
* Attend and act as a key participant in Committee meetings at local and Group level;
* Assist with complaint and incident investigations;
* Positively support Hospital/Company policies, procedures, guidelines and initiatives;
* Take responsibility for continuously developing own knowledge and skills, particularly in relation to evidence based practice;
* Be aware of national and local initiatives and issues that may impact on the business;
* Carry out any other duty that reasonably falls within the general nature and level of responsibility of the post.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Infection Prevention and Control Nurse with up to date knowledge of acute surgery and have excellent communication and leadership skills.
For more information on this position and to discuss this role in confidence, please contact Chris O’Brien at Dynamic Selection