Haematology / Biochemistry Technician
Biobest are looking to recruit a haematology / biochemistry technician for our clinical pathology service. This is an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified individual to join the company and help our clinical pathology department grow. It is anticipated that as the service continues to develop the individual selected for this position will take increasing responsibility for the day to day laboratory operation.
As a Biobest employee the successful applicant will work as part of a team dedicated to the diagnosis of animal diseases, and laboratory research studies related to the development of animal vaccines. The main responsibilities for this particular position are:
* Organising the daily lab work schedule of the department.
* Performing all aspects of routine analytical work in the haematology, biochemistry and parasitology departments.
* Performing other general lab work as required.
* Ensuring accurate entry of results into the LIMS system following analysis.
* Performing and recording daily quality control and external quality assurance.
* Routine troubleshooting of equipment and liaison with service engineers.
* Preparing and monitoring of laboratory reagents.
* Discussion of technical aspects of analysis with clients.
* Working closely with the senior management team and other staff to ensure a high quality service.
* Organising our team of 2 sample collection couriers.
The post holder will be under the direction of Melissa Meachem, our Senior Clinical pathologist but is expected to work increasingly independently after a suitable initiation period. Close liaison with other technical staff in Biobest is also required to ensure a seamless service.
The post holder must be knowledgeable in a wide range of biochemical, haematological and parasitological techniques although training will also be provided. This must be accompanied by a detailed knowledge of the underlying principles of these techniques and practical experience. Medical Laboratory Technician status and/or an appropriate degree level qualification in biomedical sciences is desirable.
Some flexibility to work within other areas of the company is expected and compliance with Good Laboratory Practice and ISO:17025 will be required at all times.
This is an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified individual to use his or her skills and knowledge in an enthusiastic manner to help a small company grow. This position is available immediately. Salary will be dependent on qualification and experience but is likely to be in the region of £16,500 - £23,000p.a.
Application forms for this position are available here or by contacting our office team on [Click here to apply]
Completed application forms and a copy of a current CV should be sent to the Senior Clinical Pathologist, Melissa Meachem, by e-mail [Click here to apply]
). The closing date for applications is the 27^th of September 2013.
Biobest Laboratories Ltd
6 Charles Darwin House
The Edinburgh Technopole
Nr Penicuik, EH26 0PY
Phone: +44 (0)[Click here to apply]
Fax: +44 (0)[Click here to apply]
Email: [Click here to apply]
DX: Biobest Laboratories Ltd,
DX6232500, Penicuik 92 EH
Registered in Scotland no. 199355
Registered office: 171 Mayfield Road, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH9 3AZ