A fantastic opportunity has been created for an industry leading safety professional to take the lead as the Head of Biological & Chemical Safety within a world leading establishment in central London.
Working in collaboration with the senior leadership team this role will play a significant part in the oversight of biological and chemical safety compliance and risk and you must essentially possess skills in a biological or chemical related specialism as well as have previous dedicated experience in a safety leadership role with proven track record of delivering health and safety management initiatives that drive organisational change and performance improvement.
Commutable to Central London, this role offers agile working based on the needs of the role and is a highly sort after position for suitable candidates.
Reporting to the Director of Safety, the ideal candidate for Head of Biological and Chemical Safety will be a visionary leader with proven strategic planning and senior leadership qualities.
Responsibilities will include:
* Provision of assurance to SLM across compliance and statutory requirements with regard to biological and chemical agents
* Lead design and implementation of licensing, monitory and recording of controlled substants
* Lead, design and implement framework for monitoring biological containment level 2 and 3
* Lead on implementation and monitoring of the Target 100 programme for departments with a significant biological or chemical focus.
* Accountability for procedures and assurances in relation to chemical and biological waste
Essentially you must hold
* NEBOSH Diploma level qualification or equivalent
* CMIOSH or evidence of working towards
* Chemical or Biological DEGREE
* Qualified Biological Safety Practitioner or significant experience within Chemical or Biological Safety.
* Proven ability to operate at a senior level and provide leadership and management within complex organisations
This role requires a highly competent specialist safety professional at the top of their field and for this the rewards are:
* Salary up to £63,000 per annum
* 31 Days Holiday (closure at Xmas)
* Flexible Working
* Excellent Pension
* Life Insurance
* Health care
* Professional development
* Family Friendly benefits
If you have the strategic vision and expertise call required for this Head of Biological and Chemical Safety call me to find out more Sharron Johns - Convert Recruitment – click apply with your latest CV - Job Ref SJ 3775
- Agile Methodology
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Occupational Safety And Health
- Performance Improvement