An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Head of Care who will assist the Home Manager in all aspects of the day to day running of the home, ensuring that our residents are provided with the highest possible standards of care according to their individual needs.
The Head of Care will assist in operational and financial aspects of the home also, ensuring the home is compliant with the relevant legislation and standards through continual monitoring and practical support. The Head of Care will also stand in for the Home Manager across the whole range of duties in their absence.
The expectations within the role will be achieved by split between hands on practice with shift work on the floor and supernumerary time, based on the needs of the home, as well as being on-call every other week in line with their weekend to work.
We are seeking someone who can lead and inspire our dedicated staff team, to ensure we continue to provide outstanding, truly personalised care to our residents. The ideal candidate will have previous experience as a Head of Care in a similar setting, and must be able to demonstrate good leadership qualities, have a hands-on approach to care, be forward thinking and have a good knowledge of the care standards legislation including Fundamental Standards.
Alongside great rates of pay as well as enhancements and paid breaks, other benefits also include:
• Annual pay reviews
• Access to Wagestream
• Free DBS and NMC PIN Costs reimbursed for Nurses
• Free Employee Assistance Programme
• Hartford Rewards - access to 100's of discounts including major retail, travel and leisure companies
• 24/7 digital GP service
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Hartford Hero employee recognition & reward scheme
• Young workers (18 ) are paid the same as those aged 25
• Unlimited access to our Refer a Friend and Refer a Resident Scheme
• Learning, development, apprenticeship and career development opportunities
We are unable to accept applications that require sponsorship to work in the UK.
• Relevant professional qualification - (minimum NVQ/Diploma L3)
• Previous management/supervisory experience within a residential care home setting
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong IT skills
• Good knowledge of CQC Fundamental Standards
• Strong understanding of the principles of Person-Centered Care
• Recent experience and knowledge of dementia care
• Proven ability to lead, supervise, motivate and develop a team of staff
• Robust organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure
• Excellent communication skills with residents, families, stakeholders and other relevant bodies
• Evidence of recent management and administration of medication competency
• A flexible approach to working hours
• NVQ/Diploma Level 5, or equivalent management qualification
• Experience in delivering internal training for staff members
• A sound grasp of business and operational management within a large organisation
This position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
- Caring For People With Dementia
- Forward Thinking