Head of Care
We are looking for an experienced Head of Care (we would also consider an experienced Care Team Leader with relevant experience looking to progress their career) for our client with a beautiful, medium sized residential dementia care home based in Fareham.
The ideal candidate will:
- Support and assist the Registered Manager in providing high quality care and the promotion of physical, mental and emotional wellbeing to all residents: provision of person centered care.
- Support management in all aspects of running the Home, which will include taking charge in their absence.
- Be responsible for the well-being of all residents
- Be confident at writing electronic care plans
- Administering medication and ordering medication
- Ensure the care home is working to CQC guidelines and compliancy
- Be responsible for audits
- Responsible for safeguarding issues
- Support the Care Team Leaders and Senior Care Assistants
- Undertake the role of a) Safeguarding Champion, b) Infection Control Champion and DOLS & MCA Champion
- Have experience of liaising with Social Workers, Social Services, GP's and other professional bodies
- Conduct show arounds for potential residents and pre administration assessments
- Have some administration skills as 50% of your time will be working on the floor and the other 50% will be office based.
- Be involved in recruiting staff and signing off staff with competency assessments
- Supervise staff in the absence of the manager
- Be prepared for on-call duties
Aside from this, you will also be expected to undertake any training necessary and deliver training as required.
The ideal applicant will also have an NVQ 4/5 OR with an NVQ 3 with relevant experience will be considered.
In return, our client will offer you a competitive rate of pay, prospects and a challenge!