Head of Governance | Senior Management Team | Equivalent to Band 8a/b depending on experience | Leeds | 37.5 Flexible Monday – Friday, no nights or weekends
Spire Leeds has an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Healthcare Leader/Professional to manage our Hospital Risk and Governance Department. As a key member of the Clinical Governance Team, the Head of Governance will have management responsibility for both clinical and non-clinical risks at the hospital, ensuring regulatory compliance with the CQC. You will promote excellent customer service throughout the hospital, facilitating and co-ordinating corporate and local customer service initiatives whilst providing appropriate support to colleagues.
Spire Leeds Hospital located in Roundhay, just ten minutes from Leeds City Centre and has been treating patients for almost 30 years. We are the region’s largest private hospital in terms of the range of services we offer and the number of consultants we work with.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful Head of Governance will have up to date and a broad spectrum of hospital knowledge. Ideally, they will have a hospital background, but we would consider other relevant experience. You will communicate at all levels and demonstrate clinical credibility working with the Director of Clinical Services, leading clinical quality and the Clinical Governance strategy within the hospital, whilst complying with all hospital regulatory requirements. You must have excellent IT and report writing skills and understand regulatory standards.
Who we're looking for:
- Be NMC registered - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions or HCPC qualified
- Have a minimum 5 years’ experience within a hospital setting and recent hospital experience.
- Understanding of N.I.C.E guidelines and up to date Clinical Knowledge
- Innovative and able to influence change within a hospital setting.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Grace Little [ Email address blocked ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications