Applications close in 3 days
£45,753 - £51,668 / year
NHS Band 8A
Head of Health
Band 8a £45,753 - £51,668 p.a
37.5 hours per week
Fair Ways cares for over 150 children and young people each year. They deliver a comprehensive range of services including residential social care, healthcare, fostering, outreach support, training, and education services.
We are looking for a Registerd Nurse (Head of Health) with a CHAMS Background desirable, but not necessarily essential responsible for delivering effective running and overall quality of services delivered across all of Fairways’ health provisions, ensuring that legislations, regulations, and company policies are always complied with.
* To report to the Director of Health verbally on a weekly basis and with a written report monthly the status and quality of the department’s performance, any risk factors and progress on ongoing action plans etc.
* To ensure all services under your charge receive at least a ‘good’ grading in all CQC inspections.
* To have overall responsibility for the effective running and overall quality of services delivered across all of Fairways’ health provisions, ensuring that legislations, regulations, and company policies are always complied with.
* To ensure that you, and the staff under your charge interact with outside agencies/professionals in a highly efficient, professional, and supportive manner always.
* To ensure that effective planning and budget management is carried out.
* To be available for the on-call service in accordance with the on-call rota.
* To manage own personal and continuous professional development through self-assessment, supervision, training, and the acquisition of different learning opportunities
* To manage your own workload effectively ensuring that all tasks are fulfilled by required deadlines
* To take the lead responsibility in ensuring that all staff in your team remain in date for the required mandatory training courses and that they enrol, attend and submit all work by the required deadline for any and all accredited training courses that they are supported to attend by Fair Ways. In the event of any staff not making this standard then appropriate action is implemented swiftly
* To ensure the department contributes to the Health and Safety monitoring systems as agreed with the Board of Directors in the format and timescales required.
* To provide regular and timely supervisions and appraisals to Service Managers, in accordance with CQC regulations and company policy.
* You must be RGN/RMN Qualification
* CHAMS Background desirable
* Valid MNC Registration
* Have 5 years clinical/Managerial experience at senior level
* To actively contribute towards the maintenance of a positive culture within all Fair Ways services, in which teamwork thrives. Guarding against transference of negative views, being solution focused, and promoting positive attitude.
* Ability to proactively engage with staff, managers, commissioners, and members of the public ensuring professional boundaries relationships
* To be highly organised, methodical, and able to prioritise, set deadlines and keep to them.
* To be able to recognise the effects of stress on self and others
* Ability to time manage own workload effectively and work as part of a team, promoting a positive culture..
* Demonstrate effective communication skills, verbal, non-verbal and written
* Have proven experience in managing teams and departments effectively.
* Have proven experience in devising and implementing programs of change and improvement to services.
What we offer you:
* Revalidation support
* Continuous Professional Development
* 20 Days Annual leave plus bank holidays
* Holiday Purchase Scheme
* Health Cashback plan
* Wellbeing service