Pharmacy | Band 7 | Sutton | Full Time | Fully Funded Training Programs | Career Progression
Spire St Anthony Hospital has an exciting opportunity for a Head of Pharmacy to join our Senior Management Team and benefit from our fantastic fully funded internal and external leadership programs. We are looking for an experienced Pharmacy Manager with proven managerial experience or someone with solid clinical pharmacy background looking to excel their career.
Founded in 1904, Spire St Anthony's Hospital delivers care through skilled and dedicated staff working together. With a completed £27m development investment, we provide very high quality healthcare to patients around Sutton, Epsom, Surrey and South London. We have six operating theatres coving a wide range of specialities and procedure including Ortho, Gynae and Cardio. There is an ITU department providing care and accommodating more complex patients. We have a number of developmental training courses and progression opportunities available for our ambitious employees.
Duties and responsibilities
• To provide an exemplary pharmacy service in accordance with current legislation
• Be responsible for leading, motivating and effectively managing the pharmacy team by providing excellent clinical and managerial leadership
• To provide advice and support to consultants, other clinicians and patients ensuring the safe, appropriate and cost effective use of medicines.
• To advise the hospital and its departments on the safe management of medicines, ensuring
• To promote a multidisciplinary, patient focused approach to the delivery of a high quality healthcare service
Who we're looking for
• Registered pharmacist
• 4 - 5 years hospital pharmacy experience
• 1 – 2 years managerial experience
• Management qualification - not essential, but desirable
• Excellent people management skills
• The ability to introduce and implement change
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
• 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
• Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
• ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
• Free Bupa wellness screening
• Private medical insurance
• Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Elena Tsoneva on [Click here to apply] or [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications