Quality is never an accident. It is always the result of intelligent effort..."
As Head of Quality for a leading pharmaceutical organisation, you have the chance to create and directly impact millions of people globally, producing some of the most innovative, cutting edge and industry leading products. If you're prepared to roll your sleeves up, whilst having a strategic input and driving growth both for yourself and your team, then this is the perfect job for you!
In return, you're joining a leadership team and a business that is open to being challenged, but you must also be comfortable in embracing change. They value their people and have invested hugely to put themselves at the core of their industry. You have the opportunity to play a very key and leading role in the next phase, of what ultimately is, a very exciting time for the business.
You need to be the perfect blend between a hands-on but also strategic leader, who has a track record of building a best in class culture, to maintain the highest standards of quality.
You will be a key member of the senior leadership team, particularly having a strong emphasis and impact from a quality perspective, acting as the subject matter expert for this area of the business.
Some of the key responsibilities for the Head of Quality role will involve:
* Departmental management of all quality functions - QA & QC, with functional responsibility for the analytical development and QC laboratories.
* Strategically plan all activities for the Quality team to ensure they are inline with overall business' plans - recruitment, motivation and development of staff, as well as setting all key initiatives for the overall quality unit.
* Responsible for quality of new products that are developed and introduced into the market.
* Take full responsibility and accountability dealings with the regulatory authorities (MHRA/FDA), host audits and represent the business at leading industry events.
* Have input on budgetary plans and capital investments.
We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate the following background:
* Extensive industry experience and knowledge within the pharmaceutical sector.
* Previous experience working as a Quality Director, Head of or Senior Manager with a track record and history, leading and developing large teams (c.50-100 employees).
* A strong knowledge of GMP/GCP/GLP and a very through understanding of global regulations.
* Degree qualified in a scientific subject area, with evidence of continual professional development throughout career.
On offer is - a highly competitive base salary + car allowance, annual bonus, private medical insurance, life assurance, private pension and 35 days holiday (incl. public holidays).
The role will suit candidates based in/around: Kent, Sussex, Surrey or Essex. For those based seeking relocation for this, there will be some financial support provided, if needed.
Keywords: Quality Director, Head of Quality, Quality Leader, Senior Quality Manager, Quality Executive Leadership, Pharmaceutical, Pharmaceuticals, Pharma
Product Quality Assurance
Good Clinical Practices (Gcp)
Medicines And Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (Mhra) Guides
Good Manufacturing Practices