Head of Recruitment and On-boarding
Main priorities: Implementing and embedding the new Recruitment and Selection Policy – this could involve training managers. Supporting and managing the recruitment team.
Temporary: Expected to last 1-2 months with possible extension
Hours per week: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £26per hour (Umbrella) or £22.76per hour (PAYE inclusive of holiday)
Skills and Experience
* Extensive Recruitment and On-boarding experience
* Extensive experience of managing high volume and successful recruitment campaigns
* Experience of managing and negotiating with external suppliers, agencies and contracts to meet demanding deadlines and budgeted cost pressures
* Experience of developing, implementing and monitoring Service Level Agreements
* Experience of the development / design of Recruitment, Selection and On-boarding processes
* Knowledge of the NHS agenda and challenges
* Experience of liaising with a wide range of staff across a range of disciplines
* Significant experience of multi-agency/organisation working
* Demonstrable experience of managing complex projects and programmes using appropriate project methodology
* Experience of analysing problems and finding solutions
* Experience of producing Board reports
* Experience of successfully managing projects relating to Recruitment, Selection and On-boarding
* Strong organisational and problem solving skills with the ability to deliver objectives within an agreed timeframe
* Able to analyse and interpret information of varying complexity and present it in a comprehensive and professional manner
* Able to communicate and simplify complex clinical information and present in both verbal and written formats.
* Ability to gain trust and respect of colleagues and third parties.
* Excellent communicator with strong negotiation skills and the ability to influence and effect change at both a clinical and managerial level - must be able to present credible and compelling arguments to Board members, senior management, peers and finance staff to develop effective relationships.
* Demonstrable ability to manage complex relationships and influence a wide range of stakeholder and organised with demonstrable ability to plan and implement projects over extended period of time.
* Strengthening relationships, credibility and confidence in the recruitment and On-boarding service across the Trust
* harmonisation of the current recruitment and on-boarding processes taking into account NHS Employers Streamlining Recommendations and best practice systems and procedures to build a customer focused collaborative service across the Trusts which is also resilient and regarded as an effective and efficient service
* support the professional up-skilling and learning of the team to ensure consistency in approach and level/s of knowledge
* Working with the Associate Director of Transactional Resourcing, Lead Nurse for Recruitment & Retention and HRBPs to analyse workforce data to support departments’ understanding of trends within the workforce and develop solutions to address areas of challenges.
* Develop specific attraction strategies to attract candidates to skills shortage and hard to recruit areas and reduce agency usage and spend.
* Work with HRBPs to understand Divisional 5 year workforce plans and proactively develop recruitment pipelines and talent pools so there is a ready supply of a talented and diverse workforce ahead of demand.
* Develop attraction and retention strategies that encourage the highest calibre of staff to apply to the Trusts.
* Working closely with the relevant stakeholders to implement values-based recruitment.
* Develop and deliver Trusts wide annual recruitment activity plan for all staff groups, taking account of predicted staff turnover and recruitment needs identified from divisional workforce plans.
* Continually research, develop and implement innovative and robust recruitment and selection methods e.g. use of psychometrics and other assessment techniques.
* Provide specialist input into bespoke recruitment drives and work with external agencies and professional head hunters to source and select for hard to recruit, highly specialist or senior roles.
* Prepare and present papers, reports and business cases on resourcing initiatives for submission upon request as directed by the Associate Director of Transactional Resourcing
Service Level Agreement