Role: HCPC/NMC Registered – Health & Disability Assessor
Salary: £35,000 to £38,500 OTE, Full and Part Time roles available.
Company: Independent Assessment Services Clinical Staff groups: NMC Registered Nurses (RGN, RMN or RNLD), HCPC Registered Physiotherapists, HCPC Registered Occupational Therapists (OT) HCPC Registered Paramedics.Merco are proudly recruiting in partnership with Independent Assessment Services offering candidates this exciting opportunity to work permanently and directly for them on the DWP's Personal Independent Payment contract. The role will require you to use your broad-based medical experience and clinical knowledge to conduct independent health assessments from home via the telephone and write reports for the DWP. Although not a decision-making role you will be using your critical reasoning skills and drawing upon your experiences, skills & knowledge and ensuring that your part in the assessment process is positive, dignified and professional.
Once you apply you will be contacted by one of our team of specialist recruiters who will guide and advise you through the online recruitment process that now includes exercises that will give you a taster of what the job is like.
Previous experience as is Disability Assessor is not required as you will be fully trained to do the role, however, Government legislation requires you to have at least 1 years post qualification work experience in one of the above Nursing or AHP disciplines working with people aged 16 – 64.
Driving licences are no longer required for these roles.
Why should you apply:
• Use your clinical expertise in a new way whilst enjoying a great work-life balance and enhancing your medical knowledge
• A huge investment is made in you as an employee from the start, especially during the online professional training you will complete to become a Government accredited Disability Analyst
• Within the first 3 months you will undertake over 140 hours of CPD, along with continuous professional development opportunities to keep you at the top of your game!
• Excellent career development potential
• Fantastic benefits on offer including a pension scheme, matching up to 10% of your contributions, professional registration reimbursement and life assurance, private medical insurance and medical indemnity insurance + many more
• Overtime is often available - evenings and weekends
• Work from home conducting thorough and consultative telephone assessments with people who are living with a long term health condition and/or disabilities
• Once accredited, following a comprehensive remote training course, you will work from home conducting the assessments by telephone
• Ensure that your part in the assessment process is positive, dignified and professional
• Produce excellent written reports on the conditions presented to help the Department for Work and Pensions to make an informed decision around an individual’s entitlement to the benefit.
If you are interested in discovering more about this or any other permanent or locum roles, please get in touch by applying online or by calling (phone number removed)
- Clinical Works
- Critical Thinking
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Skills