We are one of the world’s leading names in Biotechnology and are pioneers in Oncology, Immunology and Neuroscience and our research has helped millions of people across the globe.
We are looking to recruit a Health Economics & Outcomes Research Associate / HEOR Scientist to join us on an initial 12 month contract.
You will be responsible for providing scientific expertise and effective project oversight to ensure the successful fulfilment of the health outcomes research agenda to deliver better patient outcomes that are valued by payers and providers.
Projects will have a key focus on disease and/or treatments that we are developing and span the entire lifecycle of development and commercialisation with further focus on key healthcare policy issues that impact patient outcomes and will hold accountability for ensuring that appropriate health outcomes research strategies are in place to support Pricing, Reimbursement and Access activities for our products.
Key Responsibilities Include:
* Anticipates and evaluates future market needs and trends for health outcomes information within specified health care environments.
* Maintains a presence and relationship with the research community related to the relevant therapeutic area or disease state
* Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and understanding of economic evaluation methodologies and provides accurate interpretations of findings.
* Demonstrates understanding of the cross-functional nature of drug development and post-marketing support to inform product-specific health outcomes strategy.
* Influences the internal and external environment and environmental factors that shape and impact health outcomes.
* Develops and oversees research strategy for compounds in the portfolio in the relevant therapeutic area.
* Partners with other functions (e.g. global/local PRA, brand teams, market planning, clinical research, corporate affairs, market research, medical information, regulatory, statistics, strategic pricing, etc.) to deliver collaborative work products (e.g., clinical protocols, label language, statistical analysis plan, etc.) that align the health outcomes strategy with overall brand strategy.
* Develops specific research programs for compounds/products across the development and commercialization lifecycle, as appropriate for role to influence and support appropriate access for products.
* Ensures quality standards and performance standards for research projects are realistic and attained, and studies are in conformance with the Principles of Medical Research.
* Applies and seeks technical expertise to conduct scientific research in the health outcomes field.
* Technical expertise may include scope or depth to conducting statistical analysis, economic models, clinical trials, PRO instrument development, observational/epidemiologic research, and health technology or other outcome assessment within a therapeutic area.
Skills and Qualification Required:
* An advanced degree, including Ph.D., M.D., or PharmD/Master’s degree with relevant experience in an appropriate discipline (e.g., economics, epidemiology, health administration, health services, medicine, Pharmacoeconomics, psychology, statistics, or other relevant sciences) (Desirable)
* Significant previous training and experience in designing and conducting research and disseminating the results in the areas of health economics, health outcomes, disease management, and/or population health may substitute for the formal degree requirement.
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work successfully in a team-oriented/cross-functional environment.
* The ability to think and act globally with a customer focus and a solution orientation.
* The ability to travel domestically and to international locations.
Please press apply now to submit your application. Alternatively, if you would like further information on this position or other positions win a similar sector, please feel free to contact our Shaunna Doherty on (phone number removed) for a confidential conversation.
We are an equal opportunities Business. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Each company within the Planet Equity Group is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you in line with GDPR guidelines. Full details regarding how we hold your data is available within our Privacy Notice accessible at our website