More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton. Job Description:
NEW GROUND WON’T BREAK ITSELF.
In Public Services Advisory, we have worked on some of the UK's largest and most high profile public sector clients, infrastructure projects and public policy programmes. At their core these assignments focused on creating value across the whole of the UK (and internationally) providing infrastructure and services that deliver economic and social benefits for current and future generations.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals. Our purpose is to make a difference by working hand in hand with our public and private sector clients on significant public sector projects and issues. We are a team that has public service at its heart. The team works both virtually and from seven Grant Thornton offices - London, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Manchester and Leeds. The team is made up of the following sectors and disciplines:
- Net zero
- Real Estate and Assets
- Financial modelling and analytics
Healthcare Advisory: We are creating one of the sector leading NHS advisory and consultancy businesses in the UK. Our team is multidisciplinary, with finance, consulting and advisory colleagues working together. It’s a team which has public service at its heart. We work hand in hand with the NHS to help it to get better value for money and manage risk. We help the NHS to deliver capital projects, collaborative structures and arrangements, contracting, clinical coding, financial analysis and assurance, modelling, data analytics, performance improvement, system transformation and the integration of healthcare, social care and life sciences. At the centre of all our projects is our ground-breaking work integrating health and social dare data and analytics. If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you’ll fit right in.
We’re happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, we’ll support you to balance your work and life.
A look into the role
Our Assistant Managers come from a range of backgrounds. As a Healthcare Advisory Assistant Manager in Public Services Advisory team, you will:
- Demonstrate project management skills and contribute to the delivery of major end-to-end client projects to quality, timeliness and financial targets and oversee smaller projects
- Produce project documentation and client reports ensuring that these are high quality, professionally presented reports, with input from managers and associate directors
- Demonstrate good analytical skills using excel as a minimum and tools such as BI dashboards
- Develops an understanding of client needs and ensure an excellent standard of support is provided to clients
- Assist the management team with proposal development and delivery
- Maintains assignment files and identifies key issues early to discuss with manager
- Ensures bills are raised and costs are collected on a timely basis as well as contributing to increasing the team’s margin
- Demonstrates a clear appetite for self-development through the performance review and personal development plan process, taking responsibility for developing own technical and personal skills
Knowing you’re right for us
Joining us as an Assistant Manager, the minimum criteria you’ll need are a university level qualification or relevant experience. A professional qualification (e.g. ACA, CIPFA, Prince2, CIMA, CFA) is desirable but not essential.
It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don’t worry if you don’t tick every box, we’ll help you develop along the way.
- Strong analytical skills which produce insight for clients to help solve the demanding problems clients in the NHS face
- Detailed understanding of healthcare data and standards, performance reporting and related guidance
- Some understanding of current analytics tools and skills is desirable but not essential, such as SQL, Alteryx, R, Python, etc
- Experience of working on relevant projects, ideally within the NHS or working with the NHS in a similar consulting practice
- Experience of advising internal or external clients
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Self-motivated with evidence of innovation and initiative
- Team player and able to work across multiple projects in parallel
Knowing we’re right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you’ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That’s why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you’re with outside of work matter, that’s why we’re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you’ll be giving back to society. It’s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, R
- Data Analysis