Healthcare Assistant in Whitby at Voyage Care
Date Posted: 10/8/2019
Apply Not ready to Apply?
* Employee Type:
* Job Type:
* Date Posted:
Job Family: Support Worker
Location: Whitby, North Yorkshire
Pay Rate (£): 8.80-9.20
Vacancy Reference: 021513
Shift patterns - Days [Click here to apply]
days on 6 days off
or a rolling Rota in agreement with the rest of the team.
Starting Wage - £8.80 per hour
About this Job -
An exciting opportunity has arisen for support worker to provide Care to an
adult (male) with additional medical needs, personal care, medication
assistance with meals and moving and assisting within the home in Whitby
and the surrounding area.
The ability to understand when the client needs time alone as he can become very tired if things are fast paced or is over stimulated with too much conversation he likes a quiet atmosphere.
You will contribute to the effective and efficient delivery of care for patients with additional health needs, alongside their families and significant others.
Your role will be to ensure that the adult has their personal and healthcare needs met at home.
You will be required to follow the instructions of the care plans ensuring dignity, respect and safety. Full training will be given prior to starting and also on the job training with the field support supervisor to complete all competencies.
The post holder will need to be dynamic, innovative, forward thinking and confident to sensitively challenge conventional thinking.
You will also be required to:
* Communicate effectively with the company, patients and their families.
* To record and report on Health and care needs.
* To ensure that additional needs receive appropriate care as directed from the specialists involved in their care.
* To attend and participate in mandatory training as directed by company policy and the clinical manager.
* Be aware of the national, regional and company policies and procedures relating to Safeguarding, health and safety, confidentiality and data protection and report concerns to an appropriate person.
* Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the company
* Demonstrate and promote commitment to equal opportunities and to the eliminations of behaviour and practices that could be discriminatory.
* To provide care of a medical nature such as:
* Manage and administer Medications
* Epilepsy care and management
* Manage and administer emergency medications
* Moving and handling needs
* Maintain accurate and confidential health recordsDriver with their own car is desirable but not essential.
We offer a great range of benefits which include:-
1. Paid DBS, Paid Training & Holidays **
2. Salary scale /progression if you want it
3. Life insurance & Pension Scheme
4. Cycle to work scheme
5. Retail rewards & savings
6. Long service awards
7. Refer a friend from £250 - £750 (T&C's Apply)
** Should your employment with Voyage Care terminate for any reason within the first 3 months of your employment start date, the full cost of the DBS will be repayable back to us. Deducted from your final salary.
Benefits are dependent on contract type
Previous experience is advantageous but not essential as all of our HCA'S receive training tailored to the needs of the people they support which is fully funded by Voyage. What's more you'll be paid to attend all of your training courses and receive great rewards.
This role will suit someone who is looking for a challenge and wants to learn to make a difference in someone's life.
Click Apply to complete our one page application………All applications & CV's received are reviewed on a daily basis.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
Role Specific Requirements -
Driver: Driver Required
Gender: No Specfic Requirement