Carer/HCA/Healthcare Assistant - Wallingford required in Wallingford
* Reference JO-1910-463 * Job type Temp * Location Wallingford * Salary £9 - £16 Per Hour * Specialism HCA
The Company: OneCall24 is a temporary staffing solution for various Care & Nursing homes across the Oxfordshire region. We are currently inundated with shifts for Healthcare Assistants in the following areas around Wallingford and can provide full-time or part-time working hours, days and nights on a temporary and flexible basis. Our registration procedure is completely free of charge, there are no fees to pay at all. We pay on a weekly basis and candidates are provided with a free of charge uniform.
* Berrick Prior
The Role: As a Healthcare Assistant, you will assist the residents with their personal care needs including bathing, dressing, moving around the home, assistance at mealtimes, continence care, the administration of prescribed medications under the guidance/supervision of a qualified medication technician and prompting and reminding.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
* Assisting the residents with personal care needs
* Assisting at mealtimes
* Administering prescribed medications under the guidance/supervision of a qualified medication technician
* Ensuring the residents have any aids they need (such as dentures, hearing aids, and spectacles) and that they are fitted, cleaned and in working order
* To respond promptly to requests of assistance from the residents
* To perform any necessary administrative, record keeping or documentation duties
* To undertake any other duties as delegated by the Home Manager on an ad hoc basis
The Candidate: The ideal candidate for the Healthcare Assistant position will have at least 1 years' previous experience in a similar role and have fluent English communication skills. You must also be comfortable giving personal care to residents. Qualifications within care would be beneficial, but aren't desirable.
Essential Candidate Criteria
* Minimum 1 year of previous experience in a similar role
* Eligibility to work in UK
* Excellent English communication skills
Desirable Candidate Criteria
* Care qualifications
Apply for this Role Refer a friend
Registered General Nurse (full or Part Time)
Email me jobs like these
We'll send jobs matching these to
If you click this button, we will send daily emails featuring similar jobs (Healthcare assistant - Wallingford) .