Healthcare Assistant | Imaging | Spire Murrayfield and Shawfair Park | Full Time, Permanent | £17,972
Spire Edinburgh is looking to recruit a Healthcare Assistant to join our Imaging department on a permanent and full time basis. The role will be split across Murrayfield and Shawfair Park Hospital and the hours are on a rota basis, covering weekends as well.
Please apply only if you can commit to the above.
Spire Edinburgh Hospital holds a long-standing reputation for providing high-quality, comprehensive private hospital care. Our facilities are excellent and the hospital is staffed by a valued team of highly skilled professionals. We provide a dynamic and stimulating environment for highly motivated nurses.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist Consultants to prepare for imaging procedures and support them during the procedure.
- Respect patients’ privacy, dignity, wishes and beliefs and minimize any necessary discomfort
- Prepare patient, self, equipment and materials appropriately for the radiographic procedure to be undertaken
- Support patients throughout encouraging them to promote their own health and wellbeing
- Undertake procedure as delegated and taught for that specific patient working within level of competence
- Prioritise attention to patients, alerting the team when there are changes in the individuals’ health and wellbeing or any possible risks.
- Provide information to radiographic team on how clients’ needs are changing during their Diagnostic Imaging experience
Who we're looking for
- You will need to possess strong communication skills and have a good standard of IT
- Previous experience within private healthcare is desirable but not essential
- Have good communication skills
- Previous experience working in Radiology is desirable but not essential. Full training will be provided
- We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications