Biomedical Scientist | Histology | Full Time | Band 5/6 depending on experience | Southampton | Friendly and supportive team
Spire Southampton Hospital has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Histology Biomedical l Scientist to join our experienced and dynamic Laboratory Team.
The hospital works in partnership with local NHS acute hospital trusts, for example in the recent provision of robotic surgery, and there is a large refurbished outpatient department along with extensive diagnostic imaging services.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist in the organization, management, and development of services provided by the laboratory
- Liaise with the Laboratory Consultant and the Laboratory Manager, to ensure the provision of the high-quality services, in an efficient and cost-effective manner
- You will plan, analyze, assess and report on pathology investigations
- Interpret and report information and knowledge to your colleagues
Who we're looking for
- Biomedical Scientist with the Health & Care Professions Council.
- Degree qualified, HNC Medical Laboratory Sciences or equivalent which would allow individual to be eligible for Associate Membership of the Institute of Biomedical Sciences
- Must have 2-3 years’ experience working as a HCPC registered Biomedical Scientist in histopathology
- The department offers frozen section and Mohs services to the hospital, experience in these would be desirable but not essential.
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employee's well-being through work-life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please email Penny Lawless at [ Link removed ]
For us, it’s more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications