Homebased Nurse Disability Assessor for Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
Location: Homebased Disability Assessor (working from home, conducting telephone assessments only)
Pay: £35k/pa + benefits + bonus
Practitioners: Nurses (RGN, RMN, RNLD)
Traditionally assessments for the Personal Independence Payment (PIP) have been conducted on a face-to-face basis, either in a local clinic or community setting. Due to the pandemic, these reviews are now conducted via the telephone, meaning we are currently looking for healthcare staff to carry out these holistic assessment purely from home on a permanent basis.
Homebased Disability Assessor Requirements:
* Valid NMC
* A minimum of 2 years' post-registration experience
* Appropriate work space within the home setting that allows you to successfully complete your role
* No previous assessor experience required as full, paid training is provided
Homebased Disability Assessor role:
* Annual salary of £35k-£38,500
* Shifts are Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm (office hours), with Bank Holidays off as standard
* Full training is supplied over an initial 20-25 week period, completed as a purely remote learning while ensuring the right level of support and learning.
* The role is a mix of paper-based evidence review and conducting impartial, holistic medical interviews and assessments over the phone
* Compiling a report, which is then dispatched for review and decision as to eligibility
* Flexible working hours are available once you have successfully completed your training.
Homebased Disability Assessor Benefits:
* 25 days annual leave, with the option to buy and sell up to 10 days
* 10 days of emergency childcare leave a year (for school closures etc)
* Pay rise of £1,000 at 9 months and further £1,000 at 18 months of employment
* Pension scheme, matching up to 10% of your contributions
* Private medical insurance, medical indemnity insurance, life insurance and travel insurance
* Reimbursement of your annual NMC registration fee
* Health screening every two years, after one year's service
* Professional training and development, covering well over the required CPD hours to revalidate and maintain your professional registration
* All flexible benefits can be tailored to your requirement and lifestyle: travel or dental insurance, child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme and more
Stonebranch Healthcare - recruitment for healthcare professionals by healthcare professionals. Led by a team of experienced doctors and nurses, we specialise in providing disability assessment services, offering unparalleled support throughout the application process, including 24/7 availability and intensive one-on-one interview preparation, meaning an enviable placement success rate and a 100% feedback rating. As healthcare professionals we understand the challenges presented by the current healthcare sector, allowing us to provide detailed and honest insight into the role as a colleague.
Don't hesitate to get in touch if you'd like to know more about the role of Disability Assessor, Functional Assessor, Disability Analyst