- To plan, develop and implement a comprehensive, cost effective, planned and preventative maintenance / repair programme for all engineering services / equipment, utilising the network Computerised Maintenance Management System.
- To commission, record and schedule all new equipment and services for planned maintenance on the network CMMS. Ensure continual update of hospital asset register to keep all plant and equipment visible to the site and the network.
- Ensure an appropriate asset management is in place for all engineering plant and equipment. Work with other departmental manger’s to ensure an appropriate asset management is in place for all hospital equipment.
- To undertake maintenance/testing of plant/equipment, ensuring compliance with current HTM recommendations / PPM Schedules and manufactures instruction keeping all necessary records
- To identify, prioritise and report engineering infrastructure risk to the National Engineering Manager
- Ensure easy retrieval filing of documentation for all services and equipment for audit purposes.
- To plan and develop an annual Engineering Estate’s Plan to include comprehensive maintenance programme for building fabric.
- To manage the energy performance of the site ensuring optimisation of Building Management system and utilisation of benchmarking energy reports.
- To identify personal training and development requirements, for self, consistent with the hospital business plan.
- To be point of contact for all external contractors providing specialist services to building/building services/equipment and manage those contractors whilst on site in line with Spire policy.
- To ensure Fire Risk Assessment and all fire alarm/emergency lighting, and fire fighting equipment is maintained according to current legislative requirements.
- To ensure electrical testing of fixed installation and appliances takes place in accordance with current codes of practice.
- To ensure water risk assessment & treatment regimes are in place, including all appropriate measures for prevention of Legionella.
- To ensure Piped Medical Gas System is maintained and repaired in accordance with current guidance.
- To undertake maintenance/testing of equipment ensuring compliance with current HTM recommendations.
- To manage the ordering of spares, services and consumables for the engineering dept.
- To provide out of hours emergency on-call service.
- To provide in-house day to day maintenance service
1. Assist in managing the available capital and revenue budgets for engineering services
2. To ensure cost effective management and review of local service agreements with
external contractors, for specialist services and ensure these local contracts remain
visible to the network.
3. Maximise resources and identify cost saving opportunities.
1. To establish, monitor and develop local policies and procedures in conjunction with current Spire Policy, HTM and Code of Practices.
2. To work in accordance with Health & Safety and COSHH Legislation.
3. To feedback contractor performance issues of any centrally negotiated contracts.
QUALIFICATIONS, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
à Preferably a Higher National Certificate on Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or Equivalent
à Served a recognised apprenticeship in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
à Hold relevant certificates or be willing to undertake specialist training in specific areas
à Extensive knowledge of building services
à 5 years experience in building services management
• Prioritise demands against resources
• Develop objective in line with corporate/local business plans
• Negotiate service levels
• Assist in negotiation of local contract’s with external suppliers
• Support Hospital compliance with changing legislation
Responsible for the management of all relevant external contractors.
FREEDOM OF ACTION:
To work within the guidelines and regulations laid down by professional bodies and Spire Hospitals.
The post holder will be operating in a 24 hour acute hospital setting and will be required to be responsive to a constantly changing environment.
There may be a requirement for the position to operate over more than one site.
Due to the unpredictability and nature of the function, the post holder will on occasion, be required to work outside of normal working hours.