Hospital Infection Prevention and Control Lead Nurse | Band 5-6 dependent on experience | Yale – Wrexham | Part time
Spire Yale in Wrexham, North Wales have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Infection Prevention and Control Lead Nurse to join their team.
Spire Yale Hospital is one of North Wales’ leading private hospitals and we take pride in delivering high-quality care. We offer fast access to consultations with specialists in a wide range of treatments, supported by advanced imaging and diagnostic technology.
Spire Yale Hospital is located in Wrexham and has additional consulting rooms on the North Wales coast at Abergele. Wrexham is only 12 miles from Chester and 30-50 minutes from Liverpool and Manchester. There are direct train links to London with a journey time of just over 2 hours. The Snowdonia National Park and the North Wales Coast are on our doorstep! We take pride in delivering high-quality care to patients across North Wales and the Borders.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To lead in the best practice of infection prevention and control measures and policy compliance, by overseeing their implementation in practice.
- Ensure and supervise the maintenance of a high quality service and a safe environment for staff, patients and visitors.
- To set up and establish education and training initiatives to ensure that all hospital personnel have access to appropriate training in infection prevention and control practice.
- To be aware of current trends and research findings relating to infection prevention and control in clinical practice and support services and to ensure that relevant developments are communicated to the appropriate staff.
Who we're looking for:
- A Registered Nurse or Allied Health Professional who holds a Diploma (or equivalent) qualification in Infection, prevention and control.
- Previous experience as an IPC nurse.
- A great team player but is also able to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Experience of working in an acute hospital environment.
- Competence across a range of skills, supported by professional and clinical knowledge acquired through state registration.
- A reaching or assessing qualification is desirable but not essential
- A surgical background is desirable.
- Willing to support formal IPC qualification
- We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Sarah Whittaker at [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people. Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications