Age Concern Hampshire has an exciting opportunity for a Hospital to Home Coordinator based at Alton Community Hospital. You will join us on a part- time basis (30 hours per week) and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £16,540.54 per annum (FTE £20,400). The initial contract will be 6 months, however it is possible that this will be extended.
Age Concern Hampshire is an independent Registered Charity, which has been passionate about supporting older people since 1985. We are committed to excellence by providing the best possible support and care to enable older people to live as independently as they can to make the most of their ageing journey. Our Hospital to Home Service provides short-term support, tailored to individual need, to help patients return home after their stay in hospital.
Working for Age Concern Hampshire
We are proud of our open, honest, collaborative culture where staff can thrive. We strive to ensure everyone always feels valued, supported, listened to and appreciated. As well as the immense job satisfaction you will get from making a real difference to the lives of older people in your local community, you will have continuous opportunities for training, continuous personal development and career progression. You will work with our incredible teams of caring, dedicated and friendly employees and volunteers.
Other benefits include:
- A competitive salary
- 23 days paid holiday, plus bank/public holidays
- Free car parking
- An Employee Assistance Programme offering 24 hour confidential support on a wide range of issues
- COVID-safe working practices
The main responsibilities of Hospital to Home Coordinator role include:
- Coordinate and manage the Hospital to Home Service for patients receiving care and rehabilitation in hospital working in partnership with various departments of the hospital;
- Support the patients’ discharge and transfer home with local services;
- Deliver therapeutic, diversional, recreational activities for patients, consisting of both individual and group sessions where facilities allow;
- When COVID restrictions allow for volunteer involvement, manage and support volunteers;
- Provide regular reports to support the evaluation of the Hospital to Home service;
- Act as an ambassador for the Hospital to Home Service, Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust and Age Concern Hampshire, to promote all services available and the good work delivered.
Personal Qualities needed to be a successful Hospital to Home Coordinator:
- Compassionate and caring;
- Highly motivated to ensure a high-quality efficient and safe service;
- Excellent communication skills and ability to adapt communication style to the needs of the listener;
- Honest, trustworthy, reliable and respectful;
- An excellent team player.
Skills and Experience we are looking for in our Hospital to Home Coordinator:
- Experience of working with, or caring for, older people;
- Knowledge of activities to stimulate improvements in wellbeing, particularly for older people;
- Knowledge of community based services and activities for older people;
- Understanding of evaluating and reporting on Key Performance Indicators;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- IT literate with sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and experience of using databases.
A current driving licence and a willingness to travel within the Alton area is essential for this role.
Age Concern Hampshire is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.
If you feel that you have the skills and experience required to become our Hospital to Home Coordinator, please click ‘apply’ today. We would love to hear from you
Employee Assistance Programs