We are looking for a Health, Safety & Environment Business Partner to join our team in Scotland
This is a home based role and you can be based anywhere in Scotland. The role does include frequent travel across First Glasgow, First Scotland East and First Aberdeen OpCos.
The salary for this position is £47,000 per annum and the working hours will vary.Basic Purpose of Role
The Health, Safety & Environment Business Partner is responsible for supporting the Divisional Head of Health, Safety and Environment and local OpCo Management teams in the provision of general and specialist health, safety and environmental advice, support and information.
The role will report locally into an OpCo MD and supports the development, implementation, communication and continual review of all aspects of Health and Safety management to ensure the continuous improvement of performance, culture, participation and
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge
- Act as an internal consultant to advise and coach managers on their responsibilities for health, safety and environmental duties, providing guidance and practical solutions to ensure legal compliance and best practice. *
- Work with/ and support internal departments and managers in supporting operational occupational health, safety and wellbeing matters to support a safe, healthy and supportive, legally compliant work environment and work activities. *
- Communicate, consult and share best practice across all directorates to improve consistency and performance to include providing expert opinion on any matters health and safety related *
- Make SMART recommendations to ensure compliance, best practice and safe and healthy work activities and environments, and where necessary enable corrective action to be implemented. *
- Assist in the setting of and dissemination of divisional standards and provide
support to staff who manage the EMS, SMS, Fire safety and site security at OpCo/Depot level. *
- Ensure the business is compliant with environmental regulations in areas such as air quality, waste, clean water and pollution. *
- Stay up-to-date with any changes in legislation/ new initiatives/ best practice and provide recommendations on areas for improvement *
- Attend and represent health, safety and environment team in any internal/external meetings and events, to include provide support, advice and guidance as appropriate. *
- Support Head of Health, Safety and Environment in delivering the strategic objectives for the Divisional Safety Strategy.
- Develop and maintain professional and business knowledge, to establish a reputation as a credible and informed business partner. *
- A team player wholly committed to working with and supporting their peer group and other colleagues to achieve the
First Bus Strategy *
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to persuade, influence and, when appropriate, challenge with tact and diplomacy *
- Up-to-date knowledge and a thorough understanding of current health and safety legislation and its application within the workplace *
- Interpretation of relevant health and safety legislation, Approved Codes of Practice and guidance that translate into supporting, coaching and advising managers on a wide range of health and safety matters *
- Ability and willingness to travel and be flexible in location and approach *
- Ability to think strategically and generate innovative ideas *
- Able to work collaboratively and build relationships *
- Excellent and confident communicator in both verbal and written correspondence *
- Ability to undertake health and safety inspections, audits and specific risk assessments *
- Ability to translate health and safety
knowledge into actions and to use knowledge to anticipate business requirements *
- Analytical skills, with the ability to analyse and understand data and information, and to present the findings, identifying areas of risk, opportunities & solutions *
- Excellent IT Skills in a Microsoft Windows Environment (applications include, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, with the ability to use and interrogate databases)
- Experience of writing reports, policies, procedures and safe systems of work in an engaging style *
- Experience of using and implementing project management techniques *
- Experience of providing guidance/advice and addressing workplace concerns within an organisation at all levels *
- Experience of undertaking risk assessments *
- Experience of developing, delivering and evaluating health and safety training
What can we offer you?
- Nebosh General
- Nebosh Certificate for Environment *
- Chartered Member of IOSH (or working towards) *
- Nebosh General Certificate for Fire (or equivalent
What do we do?
- up to 5 weeks holiday (plus Public Holidays)
- company pension
- free bus travel for you and your family
- £6 all-day train travel on GWR, SWR and other First train companies
- High Street discounts
One of the UK's largest bus operators, our team of 17,000 Journey Makers helps 1.6 million customers every single day to get to where they want to go.Interested? Apply Today!