Diagnostic Imaging |Manager | up to band 8a salary- dependent on experience | Chatham |Full time, no overnight work| Access to fully funded training after qualifying period
The Spire Alexandra Hospital in Chatham has an unmissable and exciting opportunity for an experienced imaging professional to join the team as the Imaging Manager. Strong organisational and leadership skills are important for this role as the successfully candidate will be required to lead and develop a busy and high performing department.
The Spire Alexandra hospital is located in Kent approximately eight miles from Maidstone and five miles from Chatham. We offer everything from health screening and checks to acute and minor surgery through to professional recovery and rehabilitation. Our facilities boast two laminar flow theatres and 32 beds across two ward areas, an endoscopy suite, imaging department, physiotherapy and outpatient consulting rooms. Our outpatient department is open six days a week, including evenings, offering flexible appointments for patients.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide leadership and management for all staff within the Imaging Department
- Lead a team in providing an effective and efficient imaging service for the hospital
- Develop practice in addressing individual’s health and wellbeing needs
- Establish and maintain communication with various individuals and groups on complex potentially stressful topics, across a range of situations
- Continue to develop own managerial and clinical knowledge
- Develop a working environment and culture that actively improves health safety and security
- Develop strategies and policies for service improvement
- Lead others in the development of knowledge, ideas and work practices
- Determine the effective use of physical and financial resources
- Support and work in collaboration with other Clinical Leads in the planning, development, provision and review of Diagnostic Imaging services
- Maintain the highest quality of patient care and experience at all times ensuring that all quality standards are met
Who we're looking for
- Current HCPC registration with no restriction on practice
- Degree or its equivalent in Radiography
- Strong Leadership skill
- Experience of working at a Senior level in and across multi-disciplinary teams
- Previous experience of managing a department
- Evidence of CQC knowledge and Inspection frameworks
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Sherine Lowers on 0788 570 6278 or [ Link removed ]
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications