We are currently seeking an NMP for a Drug and Alcohol service in North Devon on a temporary contract.
The post-holder is responsible for:
1. Undertaking the role of independent prescriber, abiding at all times by regulations, policies and procedures applicable to this role.
2. Taking responsibility for clinical assessment, diagnosis and clinical management
3. Prescribing independently and cost effectively in accordance with policy and best practice
4. Organising and undertaking clinical supervision specifically related to being an independent prescriber
5. Keeping up to date with contemporary practices in the management of the conditions for which they prescribe
6. Delivering treatment to the highest standards of care under the supervision of the Line Manager or Clinical Leads and to take part in the development, implementation and evaluation of clinical interventions
7. Implementing agreed policies and clinical standards as part of a multi-disciplinary integrated team
8. Working closely with stakeholders, both statutory and voluntary, working sensitivity when adapting to the changing needs of the service
9. Providing clinical interventions in line with Models of Care (MOC) and service contract
10. Providing harm reduction support, information and advice to individuals in relation to substance misuse.
11. Working in collaboration with partners and stakeholders to support engagement and improve access to appropriate services for our clients
12. Delivering prescribing clinics and support colleagues in relation to detoxification
13. Providing relevant clinical interventions to service users in line with service provision
14. Holistically assessing the health and well-being of patients, working in partnership with other members of the health care team to ensure a co-ordinated package of care
15. Delivering vaccination and blood testing programmes; alongside clear and consistent harm reduction and health promotion to help reduce the number of Hepatitis A (HAV), Hepatitis B (HAB) AND Hepatitis C (HCV) among local injecting drug users and their sexual partners
16. Promoting access to secondary care and ongoing clinical management for HCV+
17. Initiating onward referrals to partner agencies where necessary
Communicating the Together vision and deliver its mission, corporate strategies and business plan