Independent Reviewing Officer/Child Protection Chair - Children's Services
£35.00 - £38.00 per hour
We are looking for an experienced /Independent Reviewing Officer/Child Protection Chair to work in Wakefield.
The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in children's services and has worked at Team Manager Level.
Responsibilities of the role include:
* To ensure the safety and wellbeing of children and young people who may be at risk of significant harm.
* To ensure services deliver positive outcomes based on Every Child Matters principals is consistent with legislation, regulations, guidance, local policies and procedures, informed by relevant research and evaluation and which represents value for money
* To chair child protection case conferences and statutory reviews of children looked after by the local authority.
* In carrying out this independent chairing role, to check the quality and appropriateness of child protection and care plans for each child, and ensuring statutory requirements and departmental policy and procedures are adhered to.
* To check that children, their families and substitute carers are involved appropriately in the planning and review of children's cases.
* To take appropriate follow-up action with responsible managers, staff and senior managers to ensure plans are developed and implemented.
* To maintain an ongoing overview and tracking of all allocated cases.
* To promote and enable full participation of young people and their parents within their reviews and conferences
* To have a key role in providing an overview to senior managers of practice and standards of care, and in the development of high standards of practice
* To identify and disseminate examples of good practice and draw attention to deficits in practice and breaches of statutory requirements and procedures, both directly to accountable managers and staff and to senior managers as appropriate.
* To contribute to the development of policy and procedures and provide specialist advice on planning for children.
* To promoting and develop effective working relationships with agencies across the area and relevant partners across Wakefield.
* To contribute to the Councils priorities outlined in the Children & Young People Plan.
* Social Work Qualification
* 4 years post qualifying experience
* HCPC registered
* Eligible to work in the UK
Search Consultancy operates a competitive referral scheme whereby we award £150 to any Qualified Social Worker who goes on to work at least 3 weeks in a temporary position. Please call Madge on [Click here to apply] for further details.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age